Our valued sponsor

What is the catch with these real estate?

There is real Estate available for this prices. Hungaria / Bulgaria even in the US and Germany these properties are on the market. BUT mostly in areas you don't want to be buried. Lot of renovation works, almost impossible to sell or rent
Then, it´s not useful as investment. But I wonder if is it useful for someone who want a discrete home for growth their own food with their own water source and solar energy?

There is still homesteading in Alaska and Canadian Yukon, off grid. Remote, in Alaska the state will allow you so many acres, and after so many years of homesteading on the land (I think 7) the land is deeded to you. If your young, and the self sufficient type it can be awesome way of life. Good Luck, I know a large percentage of those who try fail. Harsh winters.

There is still homesteading in Alaska and Canadian Yukon, off grid. Remote, in Alaska the state will allow you so many acres, and after so many years of homesteading on the land (I think 7) the land is deeded to you. If your young, and the self sufficient type it can be awesome way of life. Good Luck, I know a large percentage of those who try fail. Harsh winters.

I'd call the slight lack of arable land in AK a "catch".

Reactions: João Silva

Latest Threads