Our valued sponsor

What to do with 100k€ physical cash? No valid sources.

Hi there, it´s such an interesting forum!

hypothetically,

100k€ in physical cash.
can´t prove where its from.
it´s a one time thing, no more money coming.

would like to invest, to generate ongoing returns.
spending is not an option.
relocating from Germany is not an option.

something like a small Airbnb somewhere?

thanks and sorry if it is just a lunatic question!
I just went into some shops today in Switzerland, looked at some expensive watches 15K CHF and up to 35K CHF - I asked how I can pay and if it was okay to come with the money in cash if I took both watches. The guy told me he don't care how I pay, if I want to pay in cash I can do it.

So at least it is not a problem to turn 50,000 CHF in cash into watches which you then later can sell again if you don't wear them!

I just went into some shops today in Switzerland, looked at some expensive watches 15K CHF and up to 35K CHF - I asked how I can pay and if it was okay to come with the money in cash if I took both watches. The guy told me he don't care how I pay, if I want to pay in cash I can do it.

So at least it is not a problem to turn 50,000 CHF in cash into watches which you then later can sell again if you don't wear them!
Of course they don't care, as long as they can take your money. They will sell you the watch and if questions arise they will sell you out to the relevant authorities as well.

Reactions: jafo
Can you explain this please?
If you don't need to present an identification at the moment of sale then exists no validated data of who bought these watches.

All these shops have cctv systems but first of all in countries like Switzerland the storage of this footage is regulated.
Second they only have a look if they find out afterwards that you payed with fake money.
Third someone still would need to find out who is the person on the cctv footage. Having a look at cellphone data doesn't seem to be reasonable for me. Maybe the data doesn't even exist anymore due to data retention laws.
Fourth it is not in the interest of the store to snitch on you. If they suspect you of wrong doing and sell to you then doing a report afterwards is extra paper work without profit on the time spent. They might even receive the question why they sold to you even they suspected you doing something wrong.

Just look and behave like a well educated person and not like criminal drug dealer from the street then nobody is going to annoy you.

Reactions: jafo and clemens
I'm surprised to hear that, gives some ideas to me.

Just look and behave like a well educated person and not like criminal drug dealer from the street then nobody is going to annoy you.
I agree.....

There is something to work with here.

Reactions: jafo
Are you not going to loose 20 to 30% when it's time to resell it? (Unless discount). I sold a watch recently with all paperwork and buyers are worried about fakes etc, also servicing costs are crazy.
It depends on which watch you buy and whether you wear it or leave it in its original packaging. Rolex and Breitling have been increasing significantly in value recently, and these are just two out of many examples. The Breitling I bought in 2011 now costs 50% more than it did back then. If I hadn't worn it, I would have made a profit. I can already hear @JohnnyDoe and @Martin Everson saying it's not a good investment

But the most important thing is that you can buy something for a large cash amount without risking losing the money before you can sell the watch again.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I ve seen 400k eur cash on property transaction here in Cyprus.

Where were you on the 1st of March? ;)

Where were you on the 1st of March? ;)
Ok you got me...I was the taxi driver