Our valued sponsor

What would you do with $100K?

Very interesting list, what is the franchise though? Like cartoons or characters, a brand name to let others issue your swag to sell, and you get premiums? never heard of it as investments, what could be an example of a 'franchise' you refer to?
An example of a franchise I was talking about would be McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc. You could partner with others to buy an existing or new franchise. They are not foolproof but they have higher success rates than a lot of other businesses.
I think you are asking about selling franchises which is a whole different business and one that can be good, but it would fall under 7) start your own business.

Reactions: tyrexoid
Bump. What would you all do with 100k EUR right now?

Invest in your yourself above all else. Health wise and education wise.

P.S Sad part is most people dont have 100k or will ever have 100k.

Invest in your yourself above all else. Health wise and education wise.

I'm a healty 20-something year old. Education wise I'm planning to attend a private business school (to get an MBA) simply to network with people. If and when I do this I will still have at least 85k EUR leftover - so the question still stands :)

P.S Sad part is most people dont have 100k or will ever have 100k.
Yeah...

No maintenance (low risk, buy it and forget it):
SP500 ETF - VOO

Keeping an eye on it (higher risk):
40% SP500 ETF (VOO)
40% Tesla stock (TSLA)
20% BTC (or 10% BTC + 10% ETH)
Two things: I would like to avoid Tesla and I'd like to avoid putting all eggs in one basket aka S&P 500 aka US stocks.

I would personally choose some accumulating World Index fund, also due to my personal tax situation (capital gains are tax free after 2 years, dividends are taxed at 10 percent).

Regarding crypto, I would only buy Monero.

I would spread out some % across these 2:
iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc) IE00B4L5Y983
Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF USD (Acc) IE00BK5BQT80

Then again some % in Monero

And finally some % in fintech (Wise stock) and Hipgnosis Songs Fund (music streaming industry).

Reactions: Martin Everson
I would personally choose some accumulating World Index fund,

Exactly. MSCI World has like 96% of S&P 500 anyway. It doesn't perform as well as S&P 500 - as in a U.S bull market it wont. But then you reduce your exposure to U.S to only 60% of your investment and gain greater diversification and exposure to other markets.

I would take ACWI over SPY any day even as a bond investors...lol.

I would put it in $NEAR and $0xMR personally.
So $NEAR, assuming I'd bought on June 21st, I could have 10xed that 100k, if I'd sold at the top. If I held until today, doubled.

$0xMR I could have 4x my money if selling at the top. If I'd held I'd be up 30%.

Not bad picks. I did neither.

Buy Btc/Eth now and sell it in a year.
BTC I'd be down 50% based on this timeframe.

ETH I'd be down about 20%.

Bad picks. I did neither.

So $NEAR, assuming I'd bought on June 21st, I could have 10xed that 100k, if I'd sold at the top. If I held until today, doubled.

$0xMR I could have 4x my money if selling at the top. If I'd held I'd be up 30%.

Not bad picks. I did neither.

BTC I'd be down 50% based on this timeframe.

ETH I'd be down about 20%.

Bad picks. I did neither.

0XMR price June 21 2021: $0.089
0XMR price today: $0.076

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 12.14.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 12.14.19 AM.png

(not that this matters, this is a shitcoin irrespective of price)

View attachment 4041
View attachment 4042

That is definitely a s**t coin lmao. There are 1-2 transactions per day on it and just 615 holders, whoever invested on that is going to lose it all, not just because of price, but because there's no liquidity lmfao

View attachment 4041
View attachment 4042

Yeah I probably looked at the wrong coin when I was quickly judging what previous suggestions would have achieved.

$90 volume traded on that in the last 24 hours hahah. The OP was probably a bag holder.

Reactions: JimBeam

Latest Threads