Our valued sponsor

What's a universal and neutral reason to open a bank account for, to tell a bank staff?

minotari

Nov 27, 2020
Visit site
In my experience, in some countries when I tried to open a bank account, they'd open it if I gave them a good reason. I mean, a personal account and I'm not a resident of a country.
In other countries I've been able to open one without any problem and explanation.

I wonder, what are the explanantions as for why I need an account that I could give to a staff employee in a bank such that:

* it won't be a lie, but perhaps not a full truth either, maybe somewhat in between
* it'll be somewhat universal and generic
* it'll sound reasonable, make sense and be sufficient for the most banks

I'm not wealthy, therefore "I need an account to park large sums of money" won't work as explanation for me. But yet "I plan to store big sums of money in the future" as an explantion might do because it's not a lie and such a future might come some day, right?

Now a days you have to think about what to tell a bank if they ask such question.

You can tell them that you plan to work in another country and for that reason need a bank account in the same country.

Latest Threads