Our valued sponsor

What's the best trade robot for crypto?

Hi Johnny
Anti fragile - - robust either term is cool with me
what i am suggesting is obviously no curve fitting of the data and nothing that maybe is based on particular i hate the word gimmick but sort of current edge in the market which is or might be transitory

E,g totally made up but for the point - - say you notice that the USDJPY in the Asian session always seems to have a pull back mid session from a high or low to the mid session point.

So you get an EA coded with a Bollinger band or Keltner band to look for Asian session extremes and trade them back to a midpoint or a pre determined number of pips. You back test this for say 3 years and all good - - but this was a temporary edge/ gimmick of the market now and something changes fundamentally with some aspect of the USA or JPY economy - - that edge will start to fade.

The simpler stuff e.g. your example of the Turtles - a breakout trader - well - that's based on human emotion and as long as humans are trading or coding the robots - - well emotion is always going to be in there. Its not always going to have stellar years but when emotion comes into the market - - its going to pick up on it

That sort of idea.. the portfolio is the idea that different approaches to fundamental aspects of markets can have different entries and exits and say that turtle break out robot - - well most of the time the break out fails or isn't substantial enough to make a profit or its a break even / loss . Well find a complementary robot that smooths out with losses.

And go for the longer term charts/ time frames - - if you want excitement - - Vegas/ Macau are there for a reason
Everything works until it stops working.
Funny thing is that most of the performance in the stock market is done overnight.
Taleb wrote about fragility and made most of his money with books not by trading.
It’s all a fugazi…

Reactions: Jorozey
No, 0% of them work.

If someone sells you a robot for $99, it's a scam.
If someone sells you a robot for $9999, it's a scam.
They are all unequivocally a scam. Nobody will sell you a robot that actually works for more than a few weeks, months.

Plenty of stocks and ETFs made money in the long run. Global diversified ETFs made money over many decades and survived many crashes.

I think you deserve some sort of award- you're by far the Troll king of this forum, rivaled only by the delusional 369.
so whenever it doesnt work for a period of time why not reverse it-it should make money then :p

so whenever it doesnt work for a period of time why not reverse it-it should make money then :p
I was in Goldman Sachs- and my hits/vs miss ratio was damn good- but my boss was taking the promotions even though none of his trades made money ,unfortunately for me and fortunately for the firm his boss used to reverse trade all his strategies and made a pile and kept giving him promotions just so he could reverse trade crapshoot strategies of my boss smi(&%

Time in the market > Timing the market.
Dont think so at all. You don't bet after the race is over bets are taken at the beginning of a race and are valid till the race is happening.
When the race finishes and until the time a new race starts no new bets are taken. So even if you bet your money at that time nothing happens as happened during a period of stagflation earlier. If you look at the time period between 1929 and 1949 nothing happened. There is a time to sow and there is a time to reap if you don't get your timing right you are faced with a famine and hunger.

I installed a crypto arbitrage system for someone a couple years back, it was ported from a Forex version and cost $20k without install fees, they run hedge funds via an architecture and just so happened I knew it existed, worked to perfection pulling in 1sec data feeds from exchanges and auto placing the trades, it could out trade Binance, Coinbase, Huobi as it used in-memory databases with a 20% trade execution overhead calculating the spreads in realtime.

The problem was the guy who wanted it did not deposit enough capital, though he was told it needed to be $100,000s, he put in $1,000s and even with just that small amount the system still was breakeven, today you would use altcoins for that amount so it is possible but it was institutional grade, not retail which just do not work, plus you need the maintenance because things change, connectors need updating, new spread pairs, fine tuning as the underlying price changes.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 09.23.12-1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 09.23.12.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 09.23.12.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Point in time arbitrage does not work, the markets are designed to offset profits with losses until an event comes along to destroy underlying capital, which is why any bot that works doesn't use point in time, except most couldn't build it but when they can it produces interesting results.

Attachments

• Weekly Overview for CEX.png
    Weekly Overview for CEX.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 17

Latest Threads