Our valued sponsor

What's your thoughts Stripe or 2Checkout?

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I know both Stripe and 2checkout, they have been around for a very long time and serve hundred thousands of customer each day.

Which of these two Payment Service Providers do you prefer over the other?

It looks like 2co is going back in reputation while Stripe is going up.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Stripe more fussy with the products / customers they deal with. Their anti-fraud practises were terrible when I used them, loads of fraud went through, which they then blamed me for when it was them who processed US cards from Indonesian IPs.

2ch0 only used briefly years ago, but worked fine without issue

2co has very high fees and are more suitable for sellers of digital products where they can act as seller of record and handle vat,taxes etc.

Their anti-fraud practises were terrible when I used them, loads of fraud went through, which they then blamed me for when it was them who processed US cards from Indonesian IPs.
This is your responsibility. You can purchase fraud monitor modules for your websites to help.
Other major processors don’t have any fraud monitoring at all.
Stripe has monitoring now which is better than nothing.

It is difficult to say which one is better, but Stripe has been working better for me for a simple E-Com website with a low volume. They are cheaper.

2co has very high fees and are more suitable for sellers of digital products where they can act as seller of record and handle vat,taxes etc.

This is your responsibility. You can purchase fraud monitor modules for your websites to help.
Other major processors don’t have any fraud monitoring at all.
Stripe has monitoring now which is better than nothing.

Maybe things are different as this was many years ago. But I've used various processors over the years and stripe were the worst for processing fraudulent purchases. So either the fraudsters were just watching our site and waiting, then when saw stripe started buying, or the other processors were blocking them much much better

Maybe things are different as this was many years ago. But I've used various processors over the years and stripe were the worst for processing fraudulent purchases. So either the fraudsters were just watching our site and waiting, then when saw stripe started buying, or the other processors were blocking them much much better
We used PayPal Pro for cards for some years, and they had no fraud protection. Meaning if the card was valid and the customers bank didn't stop it then it went through.

Latest Threads