Our valued sponsor

Where/how to register US LLC

JustAnotherNomad

Pro Member
Oct 18, 2019
Visit site
I want to set up a US (single member) LLC as nonresident alien.

I have heard that Delaware, Wyoming and New Mexico are quite popular because those states don't have public company registries and there is no sales tax. Delaware is supposed to be especially "business friendly" - whatever that means.
On the other hand, especially Delaware is said to have somewhat bad reputation. The yearly fees for keeping the company alive are a bit higher, too.

Anonymity isn't important for me and I am wondering if it might make sense to open the company in a different state without sales tax for better reputation, for example Florida. Someone on this forum also mentioned that banks in Miami might be a bit more flexible. What's your experience with this?

I've also seen people recommend Northwest Registered Agent. But if you use them, you'd get the same business address as a thousand other people, right? While I have nothing to hide, I'm wondering if that might increase the risk of an audit since tax offices around the world probably keep lists of typical shell company addresses.
Could it make sense to use a lawyer/CPA as the registered agent that only do that as a side business, instead of one of those big companies?

Latest Threads