Our valued sponsor

Where I can incorporate an investment company?

mr00000

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys!

It is my first post here. I am a brazilian national who wants to invest in international stock market, mainly in USA, through Interactive Brokers. Basically i want to create an international portfolio (basically stocks, REITs and ETFs) to my future heirs, bypassing the inheritance tax in my assets if they value >$60,000, transfer only the shares of my company. I am totally newbie in this area, but want to incorporate in a solid jurisdiction (US and UK are good choices?), low taxes, and if possible, cheap fees to incorporate/maintain. I am not looking for anything shady or something like this, everything in my name/my family name, with low taxes (not necessarily zero) in capital gains and dividends. I really need to open a bank account or just use the IB account? US and UK are good jurisdictions for this or i should look for a tax free country like Panama? And which jurisdiction you guys recommend for banking? Thanks in advance and sorry by my English!

similar desire here.
i want to minimize the tax burden from the profits. Am EU based. Trading and investing for myself, NOT for clients, so I'd be a sole beneficiary of the company.
Maybe a UK limited company is enough? I do not need anonymity although it would be a sweet bonus.
For you @mr00000 I suggest you try , as a banking option Paysera, Revolut, monese all of them use your own IBAN number all offer corporate and private accs.

Reactions: mr00000
The IRS has a table of tax treaties. We’ve also had a thread about that before here as well.
If I remember correctly, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania, maybe also Hungary, were good options because there is a lower US withholding tax on dividends.
But are you sure that you can avoid the inheritance tax simply by holding the shares through a company? That would be great, but it sounds almost too good to be true.
I guess one other option could be to use a US LLC that is owned by a foreign trust.
But I’d also be really interested in hearing some input.

Reactions: mr00000
Thank you for the answers! I was thinking in a solid and reputable country, which i will not expect big changes or political instabilities in next decades, because of this i was thinking in UK (cheap for incorporate, stable country and tax treaties with US). In Brazil it is possible transfer to heirs only company shares, minimizing some taxes, i don’t know in other countries. One question: if my UK (?) company only operate offshore (through Interactive Brokers US or HK) and only hold and reinvest assets, never bring money back to UK, i will pay corporate tax?

Not sure if I'm missing something but I haven't heard of such a thing as a "non resident UK company". My understanding is that if it's incorporated in the UK then it is a UK tax resident full stop. Do you mean companies incorporated outside of the UK?

Many countries in Europe used to have high founding capital requirements for LLCs. It was quite common before to incorporate a UK Ltd. that would actually have 100% of its operations in another country. It would then be treated like a local company, circumventing the minimum capital requirement, and no UK tax would need to be paid.
And even for resident companies, PE’s and DTA’s can of course lead to a UK company paying all its taxes somewhere else. Simply incorporating a company in another country isn’t enough to save taxes.

Latest Threads