Our valued sponsor

Where to buy physical GOLD remotely and safe hold it 10-20 years?

Interesting article but it’s not accurate for example when he states that:

some ETFs had declined 20-40%, while the indexes they tracked had only declined 5-6%.

the next table compares ETFs that not track an index (like SP500) but ETFs like “equal weight, low volatility, etc” with their underlying investments and he doesn’t shows what percentage those underlying assets are of the “indexes”, so is it highly probably that one asset although it just lost 15% (according to the table) if an ETF overweight that asset it will substantially lost more value when you add up the other losses.

I agree about volatility, it’s just like another stock but in the end if you buy an ETF trading a real index (not some invented index) you’ll be fine.

Gold is insurance, including insurance against a financial collapse. The average investor has no idea of the dangers posed by ETFs. I am not talking about the potential problems inherent in most gold ETFs, I am talking about the dangers posed by ETFs in general.

There is a great deal of information on this topic available on the web. This is just one of many examples:

I have no problem with someone trading gold or holding a small amount of gold in an ETF, but if you wish to hold gold (e.g., ten percent of your wealth) as insurance -- especially against a financial collapse -- then holding gold in an ETF defeats the very purpose of holding gold as insurance.
Exactly. if your end goal is pure insurance against market collapse, gold ETF alone makes no sense. Diversification IS always the key. storing some in your house(s), some in offshore gold storage like freeports in Geneva, Luxemburg (now rebranded to Luxembourg High Security Hub) or Singapore, and then gold ETF because it's a little bit easier to liquidate.

But that doesn't mean that gold is the best insurance against market collapse, it's one of the few things that you need, but it's not the only one.

Essentials, like food, medical supplies and hygiene products (you are not going to wipe your sh*t with gold coins :) ) are few that comes to mind.

So, diversification is the right answer. there is no one solution that's gonna fit all your needs, so having a bit of this and that won't hurt you, in fact, it's quite the opposite.

Exactly. if your end goal is pure insurance against market collapse, gold ETF alone makes no sense. Diversification IS always the key. storing some in your house(s), some in offshore gold storage like freeports in Geneva, Luxemburg (now rebranded to Luxembourg High Security Hub) or Singapore, and then gold ETF because it's a little bit easier to liquidate.

But that doesn't mean that gold is the best insurance against market collapse, it's one of the few things that you need, but it's not the only one.

Essentials, like food, medical supplies and hygiene products (you are not going to wipe your sh*t with gold coins :) ) are few that comes to mind.

So, diversification is the right answer. there is no one solution that's gonna fit all your needs, so having a bit of this and that won't hurt you, in fact, it's quite the opposite.
You can wipe with plants smi(&%

• Haha
Reactions: MiddleEuroAsia
you are not going to wipe your sh*t with gold coins :)
Actually, you can use large silver coins! Better yet, a silver spoon.

Silver is a strong anti-bacterial, hence the use of colloidal silver. In fact, silverware was originally made of actual silver because of its strong anti-bacterial properties, which came in handy when eating a meal before refrigerators.

In fact, in Asia people of moderate wealth often used a long silver spoon in a bucket of water as an alternative to toilet tissue. You preppers need to know this stuff. smi(&%

In fact, in Asia people of moderate wealth often used a long silver spoon in a bucket of water as an alternative to toilet tissue. You preppers need to know this stuff.

Too much info there mate :eek:.

What do you consider a market collapse? ns2

Reactions: troubled soul
such s**t you can read about almost everything here in the world. 20 years back everyone thought Anonymous debit cards where not anonymous any longer because all the brainless superstars have used them with our using the ball on their neck and got cough, 10 years later everyone thought offshore banking and companies where ending, because lot's of idiots used such setups without using their f*****g brain.

Now people think stashing gold can't be done because some idiot organization didn't care about securing the secret.

History never change and repeat.

Use your head, don't tell anyone about what you are doing, be clever and smart, so you will survive the rest of your live. Be an idiot and suffer to seek your goals, so you can blame everyone else.

Reactions: troubled soul
Those claiming that physical gold is better than the ETF that tracks and holds physical gold (both let's say USD denominated) need their brain reset. I mean, come on guys, you're better than this... and as for weak spots, both options have them, so let's just leave it to each one's choice, stop the hooliganism...you look like BTC peddlers or hodlers, lol

NVO

Reactions: jjrapy
Those claiming that physical gold is better than the ETF that tracks and holds physical gold (both let's say USD denominated) need their brain reset. I mean, come on guys, you're better than this... and as for weak spots, both options have them, so let's just leave it to each one's choice, stop the hooliganism...you look like BTC peddlers or hodlers, lol

NVO
The custodian of the GLD Gold ETF is HSBC. That is alot of counterparty risk.

Try reading some of the 200 page physical gold ETF offering documents. Make an effort at least to inform yourself about the topic.

So keep my gold in the lions mouth of the USA with their history of gold confiscation and leaders like Trump :confused:. A weak state like Switzerland does not appeal to me either. Email servers is very different then gold bars.

P.S Protonmail I wouldn't trust either. Not even tutamail etc but we digress.

Quite interesting. What email provider would you recommend then? Because the watchdog’s article does not bring any light to us.

What do you consider a market collapse? ns2
2007-2009 era.

When It comes to gold ETF, I don't mean that it is not good, it has it's place. However, for me I see no reason to go full on gold ETF unless I suck at bargaining (which I don't). gold in asia and some areas in the middle east are quite cheap than their western counterpart, add a little bit of good ol' haggling here and there, and you're good.

If you don't worry about market collapses or flash crashes, then sure do whatever you like, even if you made trades during a flash crash, it could be corrected, however, I just love the peace of mind that comes with having actual physical gold, stored in secure vaults or in a freeport, along with a couple wine bottles and some silverware from the ottoman empire :)

to each their own, I just love diversification. but to say "just buy physical gold" or "just buy ETF" is foolish imo, but again, to each their own.

Quite interesting. What email provider would you recommend then? Because the watchdog’s article does not bring any light to us.
The guy who wrote the watchdog article is a tool. He thinks that because someone worked at MIT or any American federal agency that they must be spies. quite ironic, look at any infosec group or anyone in the cyber security space and you'll see that a lot of them want to get their security clearances and work for the government as employees or contractors (why? job security and high wages). Look at hacker events like defcon and you will find plenty of white/grey/black hackers red/blue teams and federal agents that goes to the event, but yeah, they all are spies lol.

Anyway, there is an interesting researcher and his name is Nadim Kobeissi and he made an analysis about ProtonMail Cryptographic Architecture, here it is if you want to read it, it's quite long, but to summarize it, he said that proton mail claims about that their email is end to end encrypted and can't be hacked is quite misleading, since the webapp (and most webapps) could steal your passwords with different methods, and he illustrated what those methods were in his paper.

And this stirred quite the discussion in protonmail subreddit, and let's just say, that I wasn't impressed with protonmails' staff response nor the researcher sensualistic approach to the matter, since most webapps, suffer from this, and the only solution is to run native apps, instead of trying to login in from your browser. and protonmail now have this, it's called bridge, but it's for paid members only.

here's a video that agrees with nadim and discuss this:

and another one that disagree with both nadim and the above one:

So, both of the above explain why they agree or disagree with protonmail/nadim, and bottomline is that no, using protonmail is more secure/private than using most american mail service like gmail or outlook.

And unless you're edward snowden, then protonmail is more than enough for you.

For me i use protonmail bridge with thunderbird, and I use mix of other services including, element (based on matrix network) and signal (whatsapp replacement), and it's more than enough for me.

But I wish that we just stop spreading FUDs and paranoia among forum members, because nothing is completely 100% secure or hack proof on the internet, and unless you completely go off grid and live in a jungle, you still have to use the internet. So having good opsec + good privacy tools will be more than enough for you.

Last edited:
Brilliant!
thu&¤#
thu&¤#
Well said

Use any email provider just encrypt your communication yourself before sending rather than rely on the lies these email companies try and sell you about their inbuilt security...lol.

Reactions: mike400
P.S Protonmail I wouldn't trust either. Not even tutamail etc but we digress.

Interesting link, did some reseach on this. Rebuttal of his claims is in this reddit post and the whole reddit thread.

Also the guy seems to be anonymous and the social media links on his website point to the WP theme creator (he didn't even update them to his own).

Last edited:

Latest Threads