Our valued sponsor

Where to buy physical GOLD remotely and safe hold it 10-20 years?

Where should he buy or locate this bunker then?
Look at Google or Amazon where they have their servers or the Governments where they have their Labs! Can't be difficult to figure out. Switzerland has same options as Arizona - check protonmail where they claim to have their servers!

If you can have servers there you can have Gold and other assets there.

Reactions: daxbr
Oh dear I see where your level of product knowledge is. Good luck anyway.

I can say the same about your knowledge. Given how all the amount of physical gold cant back the ETF's even if it would be available for backing it is inevitably a scam. Many scams run for a long time. Given the average holding time of gold being <20 years it might work out for you. Or not.

May I ask, how much do you want to buy Gold for? can you mention some figures, makes good sense to tell you about the best solution.

I can say the same about your knowledge. Given how all the amount of physical gold cant back the ETF's even if it would be available for backing it is inevitably a scam. Many scams run for a long time. Given the average holding time of gold being <20 years it might work out for you. Or not.

Try reading some of the 200 page physical gold ETF offering documents. Make an effort at least to inform yourself about the topic.

Look at Google or Amazon where they have their servers or the Governments where they have their Labs! Can't be difficult to figure out. Switzerland has same options as Arizona - check protonmail where they claim to have their servers!

So keep my gold in the lions mouth of the USA with their history of gold confiscation and leaders like Trump :confused:. A weak state like Switzerland does not appeal to me either. Email servers is very different then gold bars.

P.S Protonmail I wouldn't trust either. Not even tutamail etc but we digress.

Reactions: uplana
Try reading some of the 200 page physical gold ETF offering documents. Make an effort at least to inform yourself about the topic.

I work actively in commodities, gold and silver to be specific. I am familiair with the document you refer to. I am also familiar with what is said by the people who write these documents off the record. Maybe time for you to not blindly follow offering documents.

Time and again offering documents have proven to not be accurate (sometimes even blatantly lying) in multiple sectors. For that you don't even have to know the authors. Media has reported plenty of times about it and the paid out claims also don't lie.

And thank you for the ProtonMail link and comment. I wasn't aware of that. I started to distrust them when the captcha part got introduced for a small percentage of their user base.

I am also familiar with what is said by the people who write these documents off the record. Maybe time for you to not blindly follow offering documents.

Can you give me some names of those people please and the specific ETF and document your referring too out of interest?

Not bad, didn't knew that about Protonmail, but now we all learned about ANYM or what this FBI thing was so why not protonmail too.

Yes Signal, Tor etc all initially funded by US government and are nothing more than spy tools for the unsuspecting. Yes ANOM is just tip of iceberg. Bitcoin is probably another of their secret creations btw to get people used to using blockchain technology ;).

Reactions: melzvy and Vor
Just buy it periodically and store it for ten or twenty years. As for the amounts, it is clearly not millions or hundreds of thousands or even tens of thousands at a time.

So you won't be needing a bunker then smi(&%.

• Haha
Reactions: troubled soul

So keep my gold in the lions mouth of the USA with their history of gold confiscation and leaders like Trump :confused:. A weak state like Switzerland does not appeal to me either. Email servers is very different then gold bars.

P.S Protonmail I wouldn't trust either. Not even tutamail etc but we digress.

The protonmail review seems to me written like somebody of the competition.
He also has a post in Reddit but it’s useless to debate with him. Kind of conspiracy supporters that thinks he has the absolute truth.

Reactions: Marie Manila
What is the reason of op to hold gold for 10-20 years?
Insurance. Gold is insurance, just like any other insurance. You hold it for the long term with the hope of never needing to cash it out. If you have a lucky life, you hope to simply pass it on to your heirs.

The answer to OPs question is simple. You hold a small amount of gold in a safe in a securely hidden location in your home, where only one or two other people know about it if you should unexpectedly die.

Large sums you hold in a private vault in Switzerland, maybe Singapore or the Caymans if you need to have it close to you (and if you live in Asia or the U.S.). In other words, in one of the few remaining countries that respects privacy and the rule of law.

Yes Signal, Tor etc all initially funded by US government and are nothing more than spy tools for the unsuspecting. Yes ANOM is just tip of iceberg. Bitcoin is probably another of their secret creations btw to get people used to using blockchain technology ;).
eh, I mean that doesn't really mean anything, and although I dislike the US and it's foreign policy, but the US Army was and still is the forefront of most inventions simply because their budget allowed them to, look at DARPA for example and their projects like ARPANET (the earliest predecessor of the Internet) or GPS and dozens of other projects, and you will find that we all use these inventions today thanks to them.

Today the US military is going to buy 120k Hololens based headset from Microsoft for about 21 billion dollars over 10 years, and because of this, we will have Augmented reality (AR) technology faster in the commercial world and we will learn more about this technology because of them, so the military is basically a research center for Microsoft, and because of them, Microsoft would be able to develop their technology and profit at the same time. So, yeah, it's natural that a lot of technology that came and still coming is going to be from the US military.

that doesn't mean the TOR or any privacy tool is flawless, nothing is. it just depends on your threat level and your OPSEC.

Tor has it's use cases, but also has it's issues, for example, the most well known issue is malicious Exit nodes, but their are also ways to avoid them.

even if BTC is made by the US military, thanks to them, we have monero now, the perfect (for now, unless something better come), fungible, private coin.

So, nothing in this world is black and white, everything has it's use cases, it just depends on why you need it and how you're gonna use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: melzvy and jjrapy
10-20 years is a long time in which regulations can change for gold vaults. For such a time frame if you can't keep gold physically I would buy a physical gold ETF.

It's nice to have physical bullion bars but in future private individuals may not be able to sell such items easily the way regulation is going.
You took the words right out of my mouth, was going to give the same reply. Physical Gold ETF is the way forward...same reward as physical gold without the storage and transfer or position-liquidation headache. That and a good rare earth minerals ETF and you're set for the next (at least) 5-7 years :cool:

NVO

Reactions: jjrapy
You took the words right out of my mouth, was going to give the same reply. Physical Gold ETF is the way forward...same reward as physical gold without the storage and transfer or position-liquidation headache. That and a good rare earth minerals ETF and you're set for the next (at least) 5-7 years :cool:

NVO
Gold is insurance, including insurance against a financial collapse. The average investor has no idea of the dangers posed by ETFs. I am not talking about the potential problems inherent in most gold ETFs, I am talking about the dangers posed by ETFs in general.

There is a great deal of information on this topic available on the web. This is just one of many examples:

A few weeks later, an attorney called asking about the merits of a potential case. His client lost over $2 million because his ETF limit orders triggered during the “flash crash” and he lost out on the quick recovery. This investor wanted to sue his ETF provider for the harm caused by the very product that was supposed to provide him with financial security. He just learned an expensive lesson about ETFs – that they are a dangerous product that should not be part of anyone’s portfolio.
But ETFs aren’t the efficient investment vehicles many may think. Flaws in the fundamental design of the ETFs make them a potential landmine in your portfolio. All it takes is a brief spell of market volatility, like the one we just experienced this past August, for them to detonate.

I have no problem with someone trading gold or holding a small amount of gold in an ETF, but if you wish to hold gold (e.g., ten percent of your wealth) as insurance -- especially against a financial collapse -- then holding gold in an ETF defeats the very purpose of holding gold as insurance.

Reactions: GPT

Latest Threads