Our valued sponsor

Where to invest 10000 euro?

pawlowb

Oct 21, 2022
denmark
Visit site
I have a little more than this in my simple bank in Poland and I am from Poland but live in Denmark. Now money is diong not a thing so I wish to make some money by only having it. It is for safety like apartment deposit or if something bad happen. I will sell my car and buy very old car so I will have maybe 13000 in total left.

Where I can invest my money so I make something instead of only paying my bank to have over 10000 in my bank every month and losing money without a purpose?

I do not like gambling so bit coin is not good for me. I will stress I will lose real money so it is to me stupid and buy house is little. I can get buy house in Poland far in farms but who will buy it or rent it from me after? Gold will not make money too. So I do not know what do I do. Can you advice me?

Thank you for help.

What sort of % return are you looking for it per year?

You could be ultra-conservative and just stick it into a savings account. I dunno what interest rates banks in Poland are offering, but you can get 2.5-3% in certain places right now. Santander in the UK for example, is offering 2.75% saver (or were, looks like it was too popular).

Still garbage, but better than nothing. I'd also move it out of Euros.

Let's be honest with ourselves, only people who exit early enough are the creators. Unlike Bitcoin where the Ponzi keeps coming back a poorly designed website won't.
Some people know the good Ponzis. Like with the Madoff funds. And there surely are others out there who are making smart investors rich.

I have a little more than this in my simple bank in Poland and I am from Poland but live in Denmark. Now money is diong not a thing so I wish to make some money by only having it. It is for safety like apartment deposit or if something bad happen. I will sell my car and buy very old car so I will have maybe 13000 in total left.

Where I can invest my money so I make something instead of only paying my bank to have over 10000 in my bank every month and losing money without a purpose?

I do not like gambling so bit coin is not good for me. I will stress I will lose real money so it is to me stupid and buy house is little. I can get buy house in Poland far in farms but who will buy it or rent it from me after? Gold will not make money too. So I do not know what do I do. Can you advice me?

Thank you for help.
In case this is your overall total wealth, you first have to evaluate if you will EVER need this money.
  • If you come to the conclusion that there might be a chance that you will urgently need this money -> put it into a fixed term deposit and sleep well.
  • If you come to the conclusion that there is not the slighteast chance that you will EVER need this money -> buy a well diversified global equity ETF.
Do not speculate, play it save. With the savings you mentioned it will be impossible to compensate any losses or stem volatility!

Reactions: jafo
Since 10k will not change your life, even at 8% compounded annual rate (Compound Interest Calculator | Investor.gov), I would use the money for a nice trip or whatever else makes you happy and will remain in your brain forever.

92924BB7-5EA0-4269-BC7F-58D5D4F8C7E1.jpeg

Invest it in a way to generate more funds. A business or something. There is little 'hands free' investment opportunities for this amount of money that would generate good profits. Yes you can make some % each year but you could use this 10k to make far more money within this time if your smart. Take an online course and learn a new skill. Use this 10k to allow yourself to gain a new income.

I would buy gold with it right now. Inflation we eat away any interest the banks are offering.
It's a safe hedge against anything for the next few years and you never know if there is a rush when every one starts thinking the same.

• Haha
Reactions: 5K1PP3R
I would buy gold with it right now. Inflation we eat away any interest the banks are offering.
It's a safe hedge against anything for the next few years and you never know if there is a rush when every one starts thinking the same.
So gold has increased roughly 10% since this was posted. 25/10-2022 -> 06/06-2023
1661 Euro Oz -> 1828 Euro Oz

Latest Threads