Our valued sponsor

Where to invest 10000 euro?

pawlowb

Oct 21, 2022
denmark
Visit site
I have a little more than this in my simple bank in Poland and I am from Poland but live in Denmark. Now money is diong not a thing so I wish to make some money by only having it. It is for safety like apartment deposit or if something bad happen. I will sell my car and buy very old car so I will have maybe 13000 in total left.

Where I can invest my money so I make something instead of only paying my bank to have over 10000 in my bank every month and losing money without a purpose?

I do not like gambling so bit coin is not good for me. I will stress I will lose real money so it is to me stupid and buy house is little. I can get buy house in Poland far in farms but who will buy it or rent it from me after? Gold will not make money too. So I do not know what do I do. Can you advice me?

Thank you for help.

What sort of % return are you looking for it per year?

You could be ultra-conservative and just stick it into a savings account. I dunno what interest rates banks in Poland are offering, but you can get 2.5-3% in certain places right now. Santander in the UK for example, is offering 2.75% saver (or were, looks like it was too popular).

Still garbage, but better than nothing. I'd also move it out of Euros.

I have a little more than this in my simple bank in Poland and I am from Poland but live in Denmark. Now money is diong not a thing so I wish to make some money by only having it. It is for safety like apartment deposit or if something bad happen. I will sell my car and buy very old car so I will have maybe 13000 in total left.

Where I can invest my money so I make something instead of only paying my bank to have over 10000 in my bank every month and losing money without a purpose?

I do not like gambling so bit coin is not good for me. I will stress I will lose real money so it is to me stupid and buy house is little. I can get buy house in Poland far in farms but who will buy it or rent it from me after? Gold will not make money too. So I do not know what do I do. Can you advice me?

Thank you for help.
In case this is your overall total wealth, you first have to evaluate if you will EVER need this money.
  • If you come to the conclusion that there might be a chance that you will urgently need this money -> put it into a fixed term deposit and sleep well.
  • If you come to the conclusion that there is not the slighteast chance that you will EVER need this money -> buy a well diversified global equity ETF.
Do not speculate, play it save. With the savings you mentioned it will be impossible to compensate any losses or stem volatility!

Reactions: jafo
Since 10k will not change your life, even at 8% compounded annual rate (Compound Interest Calculator | Investor.gov), I would use the money for a nice trip or whatever else makes you happy and will remain in your brain forever.

92924BB7-5EA0-4269-BC7F-58D5D4F8C7E1.jpeg

Invest it in a way to generate more funds. A business or something. There is little 'hands free' investment opportunities for this amount of money that would generate good profits. Yes you can make some % each year but you could use this 10k to make far more money within this time if your smart. Take an online course and learn a new skill. Use this 10k to allow yourself to gain a new income.

I would buy gold with it right now. Inflation we eat away any interest the banks are offering.
It's a safe hedge against anything for the next few years and you never know if there is a rush when every one starts thinking the same.

• Haha
Reactions: 5K1PP3R
I would buy gold with it right now. Inflation we eat away any interest the banks are offering.
It's a safe hedge against anything for the next few years and you never know if there is a rush when every one starts thinking the same.
So gold has increased roughly 10% since this was posted. 25/10-2022 -> 06/06-2023
1661 Euro Oz -> 1828 Euro Oz