Our valued sponsor

Where to live with max 0-5% total tax

aceupsleeve

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
So,
living in Thailand, company in Gibraltar, generating passive income to bank accounts outside Thailand. No tax is paid.

I want and have an option to move anywhere I want.

I don't want to live in Asia anymore,
I don't to move to some Caribbean island to retire and die of boredom just not to pay tax.
I mainly can't but also do not desire living in Muslim country - no offense.

Interested in Europe area.

the main problem is that all places that are considered normal and got some active life, like Budapest for example, got relatively high taxation and a lot of beurocracy in general regarding income. Reporting, accounting, auditing, registrations and allot of questions so on.

So the question that probably don't have a good answer but still worth picking your brain about:

Is there a country that have a low income / dividend tax (even as a sole trader like in Ukraine but with higher limit than 250k) , have active European lifestyle, and a peace of mind that is worth moving to for long term?

Thanks for the input

So,
living in Thailand, company in Gibraltar, generating passive income to bank accounts outside Thailand. No tax is paid.

I don't to move to some Caribbean island to retire and die of boredom just not to pay tax.

the main problem is that all places that are considered normal and got some active life, like Budapest for example, got relatively high taxation and a lot of beurocracy in general regarding income. Reporting, accounting, auditing, registrations and allot of questions so on.

So the question that probably don't have a good answer but still worth picking your brain about:

Is there a country that have a low income / dividend tax (even as a sole trader like in Ukraine but with higher limit than 250k) , have active European lifestyle, and a peace of mind that is worth moving to for long term?

Thanks for the input
Well the thing is eu is powerful enough and has the grit, political will and also the marxist ideology to come after anyone with wealth and even more so if they do not pay their "fair share".
Banana republics in Africa/Latin America / Asia are also highly bureaucratic, but unlike in eu, it can be dealt with easily and you find people doing whatever it takes without breaking bank.

Maybe Jersey?
Italy lump sum taxation? Switzerland lump sum? This is around 100k/year.
Malta? Cyprus? Portugal has also nice things going for it.
I would not trust Italy but many ppl like it.

Well the thing is eu is powerful enough and has the grit, political will and also the marxist ideology to come after anyone with wealth and even more so if they do not pay their "fair share".
Banana republics in Africa/Latin America / Asia are also highly bureaucratic, but unlike in eu, it can be dealt with easily and you find people doing whatever it takes without breaking bank.

Maybe Jersey?
Italy lump sum taxation? Switzerland lump sum? This is around 100k/year.
Malta? Cyprus? Portugal has also nice things going for it.
I would not trust Italy but many ppl like it.
Agreed with everything said about EU
That's why trying to ask here, the experts :)

Cyprus is boring in my opinion
Its just close to rest of Europe which is cool in none CoV19 time. But still too much tax to leave the Thai convinience.
Malta I just visited for short time, not exactly Manhetten :)
Lump tax is too rich for my blood.
Portugal - thinking about it but don't know anyone with experience about how strict and hard they check your activity and get inside your skin to pass the process for getting the NH.

Never been or seen Jersey

So,

Thanks for the input
Or you move yourself to Gibraltar as well?
You can always cross to Spain for some action which is very nice there with fiesta and sangria. Or at least it used to be.

In Cyprus, you're looking at zero tax if your income is coming from abroad and is in the form of dividends. There's a similar scheme in Malta, where you pay no or very little tax on a remittance basis. The main caveat is the company paying the dividends must truly be an overseas company, which would mean you might want to – for your own peace of mind – take steps to ensure the company is tax resident in Gibraltar. Pretty easy to satisfy by appointing directors resident in Gibraltar.

Otherwise, if you live on purely dividends or other capital gains, you might want to look into Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, and Slovenia. There are different rules for different circumstances so depending on your situation, one of those might work out. Monaco (assuming you're not a French citizen) and Andorra could also work.

Having a nominee director is enough to satisfy Cypriot place of effective management checks/control?
No, but the reality is that those checks and controls almost never take place in Cyprus.

I always preach compliance because I find it worthwhile paying the 12.50% to know that if this attitude changes, you're in the clear. Or if you move to a new country and need to declare your source of funds in more detail than Cyprus had previously inquired about.

But it's no secret that as long as you keep a low profile and behave like a good expat, the tax authority in Cyprus tends to leave people alone. You don't always even need nominee directors, but it's usually recommended.

In Cyprus, you're looking at zero tax if your income is coming from abroad and is in the form of dividends. There's a similar scheme in Malta, where you pay no or very little tax on a remittance basis. The main caveat is the company paying the dividends must truly be an overseas company, which would mean you might want to – for your own peace of mind – take steps to ensure the company is tax resident in Gibraltar. Pretty easy to satisfy by appointing directors resident in Gibraltar.

Otherwise, if you live on purely dividends or other capital gains, you might want to look into Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, and Slovenia. There are different rules for different circumstances so depending on your situation, one of those might work out. Monaco (assuming you're not a French citizen) and Andorra could also work.
Wouldn't the company have to pay 10% tax in Gibraltar then?

Your not asking for a lot.....lol. If such a place existed in Europe then Europe's population would drain into there like a sinkhole. Nothing ticks all those boxes sadly and is affordable. Also I am not sure what you mean by European lifestyle i.e London life style is not like Bratislava :confused:.

Like @aceupsleeve said Georgia should be considered. Income tax 20% and dividend and interest tax 5% so would suit a person who can live of capital and investments. But peace of mind.....errr no as Russia is next door and its not quite the Euro lifestyle.

Otherwise pick a European country where you can have non-dom status and move there.

A place with life and 0 tax for at least 5 years look at the DR.

Dubai has a 24 hour community and I would suggest you go there for a week or 2 and speak to other expats who live there.

Latest Threads