Our valued sponsor

Where to physically operate BVI/SVG etc company from?

Billybob69

Aug 8, 2022
Nowhere
Visit site
Hey all,

It seems that everything is getting stricter and stricter. I want to form and operate a crypto company (not an exchange, but will create a new coin) and it seems almost everywhere this is quite a difficult activity to be licensed for, the exception being places like BVI/SVG. However, I want to know where you can legally operate such a company from? It seems Thailand was one option but is that being stopped now? As a Brit, I'm wondering if being a perpetual traveller might be an option too. I would really appreciate any suggestions for this.

Hey all,

It seems that everything is getting stricter and stricter. I want to form and operate a crypto company (not an exchange, but will create a new coin) and it seems almost everywhere this is quite a difficult activity to be licensed for, the exception being places like BVI/SVG. However, I want to know where you can legally operate such a company from? It seems Thailand was one option but is that being stopped now? As a Brit, I'm wondering if being a perpetual traveller might be an option too. I would really appreciate any suggestions for this.
What kind of crypto company?
In Bvi for some crypto activity you already need license

What kind of crypto company?
In Bvi for some crypto activity you already need license
This may be a bit of a can of worms but bear with me. We have previously sold NFTs, however the next step for us is to do an IDO. People will be able to pay into the DAO with crypto, and will receive an allocation of the governance token in proportion to the amount they funded. This is what I'm struggling to figure out, where can we legally do this? Ideally I would like to do this somewhere that we are just left alone to get on, with as little headaches as possible. Many jurisdictions which have regulation and require licenses will lump us into the same category as crypto exchanges because we are "issuing" a crypto currency.

Hey all,

Hey,

I would most likely create a new coin in SVG and implement the project with a Lithuanian company.

For the time being SVG allows to issue tokens (until new legislation is in effect), while Lithuania is one of the most favorable countries in the EU from the crypto regulation perspective and overall for tech companies.

So having two companies and a proper agreement between them would allow you to use the advantages of both countries, like flexibility, tax advantages, etc.

Eventually, it also depends on the type of token and other aspects