Our valued sponsor

Where to register????? Please help!

mightymarcoose

Offshore Agent
Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
OK, so I own a few websites and I want to register an offshore company for them. I'm not making HUGE money from them - probably around 25k GBP PA but want to limit the amount of tax I would pay.

Where would be the best place to register the company - generally of course (ie taking into account legal requirements, costs, etc? I know there are a number of options but what is the best one?

I understand, if I am a resident in the UK i will still be liable for paying Uk tax - no matter where the company is registered - is this true?

Thanks,

Marcus

Welcome mightymarcoose ;)

I would say there is no one that is "the best" it all comes down to what your needs are, I for instant have been pleased with a Belize company as well as a few other jurisdictions for different business activities. From what I read many are incorp. in Belize and Panama, the last one was simply to complicated for me to find some reliable source.

You will be personal liable for the tax regardless where you incorporate, but some jurisdictions are better than others in regards to tax information exchange agreements, one of them are Belize and requires that you report the tax to the local tax authorities.

Thanks for the reply!

I suppose then, there is no point in being registered off shore if I am residing in the UK as I will still have to pay as much in tax anyway?

If I were to move abroad though I suppose this would make sense? What would you suggest someone with absolutely no ties should do under the circumstances? I was thinking maybe of registering the compnay in Cyprus and spending some time out there and maybe travelling around the world for a couple of years!!!

If you were to move abroad it would be a very good reason to incorporate a offshore company, but you will need to stay out of the UK for at least 6 to 8 months or not to stay in the UK for more than 3 months in a row in order to avoid to be liable for any tax, please ask a UK tax advisor to confirm this, I'm not that strong in the UK tax laws....

Can you let us know what activity your company has, also what it is you are going to sell, that would help us to point you in the right direction.

In most European countries it is the place where you do business you have to pay the TAX.

Not many are aware of the Double tax treaties available in many so called European offshore jurisdictions like Malta, Cyprus, Gibraltar etc.! No with the information flood on the internet (forums, blogs and so called professional offshore incorporation services) one is mislead to believe that the only way to avoid to pay tax in the country of residence is tax evasion or sophisticated offshore company setups! That's so wrong, what one will need to focus on is the way the Offshore company is structured, actually we have done this with a Cyprus IBC with foreign Nominees, we do not pay any tax in Cyprus, our local tax advisor is preparing the annual financial reports each year to the tax office and we only have to pay tax from dividends we take home! It requires the business to take place in the company, the entire company need to be managed from Cyprus which shall be documented, for us it wasn't a problem, some should consider this way!

Reactions: JohnLocke
Actually we have just published some useful information about exact this question, hope it can be of use for anyone considering to incorporate an offshore company.

In Which Jurisdiction Should I Incorporate My Offshore Company? - Blogs - Offshore Company Forum

Last edited:
pluma said:
You can't provide merchant accounts in the Seychelles as I understand or can you ?
Sorry not for the Seychelles, only for Cyprus or European companies in general!

How comes that you can't open merchant account for Seychelles company but you do incorporate companies in this jurisdiction ?

Due to Visa and MasterCard regulations we can only open Merchant Accounts for Cyprus or other EU companies.

If you are looking for a merchant account for your business, go with a Cyprus company since cclogic is able to help you then, if you for any reason want a total anonymous company with know accounting etc. go with jurisdictions like the Seychelles which at the moment offer the best benefits for anyone compared to pupolar jurisdictions like Panama, Gibraltar, BVI and so forth then use billing companies like CCBILL, PSBILL, GSPAY, FAILSAIFE payment and so on do handle your credit card processing... beside CCBILL then the other mentioned are not that established so don't put all your eegs in one basked, hope you understand what the meaning of this is!

Good luck, cheers.

Reactions: new-to-offshore
In regards to tax, have you considered to consult a local tax advisor you will have different possibilities to avoid paying tax from all of the income depending on how you make the setup of the offshore company, this applies for almost any country you may be a resident of. For the US it is different I know that but as long as it is within the EU there are ways.

For payment processing look into 2co.com they can accept almost any country as well the Seychelles and Cyprus or even Jersey if required.

mightymarcoose said:
OK, so I own a few websites and I want to register an offshore company for them. I'm not making HUGE money from them - probably around 25k GBP PA but want to limit the amount of tax I would pay.
Where would be the best place to register the company - generally of course (ie taking into account legal requirements, costs, etc? I know there are a number of options but what is the best one?

I understand, if I am a resident in the UK i will still be liable for paying Uk tax - no matter where the company is registered - is this true?

Thanks,

Marcus
Consider Nevis, St Kitts, Cyprus, Seychelles, Panama and even Tanzania or Andora thats on my investigation list at the moment to have the bulletproof offshore company setup. Will repost once I figured out where to incorporate my offshore companies exactly to avoid to pay tax and to get perfect asset protection offshore.

Reactions: jorge
Why do you say Nevis and Saint Kitts ???? they have signed many TIEAs I don't want to incorporate there :confused: :confused:

Can't post links for some reason here is what I found on the OECD website

Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEAs): Saint Kitts and Nevis

SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS

The list below contains the Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEAs) signed by Saint Kitts and Nevis.

* Portugal - St. Kitts & Nevis (29 July 2010)

* France - St. Kitts & Nevis (1 April 2010)

* Finland - St. Kitts & Nevis (24 March 2010)

* Iceland - St. Kitts & Nevis (24 March 2010)

* Sweden - St. Kitts & Nevis (24 March 2010)

* Faroes - St. Kitts & Nevis (24 March 2010)

* Norway - St. Kitts & Nevis (24 March 2010)

* Greenland - St. Kitts & Nevis (24 March 2010)

* Australia - St. Kitts & Nevis (5 March 2010)

* United Kingdom - St. Kitts & Nevis (18 January 2010)

* Belgium - St. Kitts & Nevis (18 December 2009)

* Liechtenstein - St. Kitts & Nevis (11 December 2009)

* New Zealand - St. Kitts & Nevis (24 November 2009)

* Netherlands Antilles - St. Kitts & Nevis (11 September 2009)

* Aruba - St. Kitts & Nevis (11 September 2009)

* Denmark - St. Kitts & Nevis (1 September 2009)

* Netherlands – St. Kitts & Nevis (1 September 2009)

Reactions: jorge and JohnLocke
Also I don't understand your choice in regards to Panama:

U.S. And Panama Sign Tax Information Exchange Agreement

On November 30, 2010, the United States Department of the Treasury announced that the U.S. and Panama have signed a new tax information exchange agreement (“TIEA”). A copy of the Department of the Treasury’s press release can be read in full here.

Under the terms of the TIEA, both the United States and Panama will be able to gather information, including information related to bank accounts, from each other in both criminal and civil tax matters for tax years beginning on or after November 30, 2007. Federal taxes covered not only include income taxes, but also employment, gift, estate, and excise taxes. Additionally, while the information exchanged is to be used primarily for tax purposes, it may also be used for purposes allowed under the provisions of US-Panama Treaty on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters provided that the country which is producing the documents gives written consent. The full text of the U.S.-Panama TIEA can be read here.

The U.S. – Panama TIEA comes at a time when countries around the world once thought of as tax havens are moving away from tight bank secrecy laws and into an era of openness and transparency. By using bi-lateral tax information exchange agreements, countries can ensure that taxpayers are left without a place to hide their assets and income. A complete list of tax information exchange agreements has been published by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (“OECD”) and can be found here.

The OECD is one of the leading groups calling for more transparency in banking laws. With the backing of the G20, the OECD has taken steps to encourage tax information exchange agreements by proposing a model tax exchange agreement. The OECD also maintains its “blacklist” of uncooperative tax haven nations, its “grey list”, which names nations that have committed to OECD standards but have yet to fully implement the required changes, and its “white list” of countries that have substantially implemented the tax rules. As countries commit to transparency and enter into fully enforceable information exchange agreements, the OCED reclassifies nations.

Uruguay provides an example of what the OECD hopes to accomplish. In April of 2009, OECD placed Uruguay on its blacklist as a nation that had not committed to internationally agreed tax standards. However, due to the swift action of the government of Uruguay in entering into 12 tax information exchange agreements with nations around the world, Uruguay was re-classified as a gray list country. It is expected that when all 12 agreements are fully implemented Uruguay will be removed from the gray list and placed the white list of OECD nations.

Also check : UPDATE: US, Panama Sign Agreement On Tax Information Exchange - WSJ.com - and -

U.S.-Panama Sign New Tax Exchange Agreement - Hispanically Speaking News

No they are defiantly not the only offshore jurisdictions, but some of the bests at the moment depending on what the purpose is. It can still be of benefit to incorporate in Belize, Panama, Singapore, Hong Kong and many other of the well known offshore jurisdictions but to clarify that you need to elaborate on your case.

cyprusbanker said:
So what is left now we passed 2010 and are into 2011? I understand there is a huge accession to the Seychelles if offshore and Cyprus if onshore? But are they the only offshore jurisdictions?
Where do you look to incorporate?

Latest Threads