Our valued sponsor

Where would you live once you are happy with your passive income?

Probably Italy.
Good choice
Specifically Portofino
Did you ever try that road in a weekend? Apart from that, it’s beautiful on a postcard, from the sea, or from the Splendid hotel for a brief vacation, but living there is not a good choice.
or Florence.
Absolutely the worst climate and pollution. Look instead at the villages nearby, if you like the city.
with winter frequent trips to the Swiss alps (Grindlewald)
You don’t really need to leave Italy for good skiing. Check Valle D’Aosta.

Reactions: JimBeam
What's the source of the pollution in Florence?
Air pollution from industry or high density of population (cars)?

In your opinion what would be the best place to live in Italy (taking everything into an account)?

What's the source of the pollution in Florence?
Air pollution from industry or high density of population (cars)?
Both, the problem is that the city sits low in the valley and the air doesn’t circulate, which also makes summers very hot and winters cold and humid.
In your opinion what would be the best place to live in Italy (taking everything into an account)?
South of Tuscany (Maremma), not too far from the sea (Argentario), if you like the countryside.
If you prefer cities, Rome.
If you like mountains, about anywhere in Trentino or Valle D’Aosta. You can ski 365 days per year in Cervinia.

Reactions: JimBeam and jafo
@A sense of freedom @JimBeam Ah thanks for the info about the dividend income tax rates.

OK fine, I guess Cyprus would be better tax-wise :) Maybe I'll have to take a trip there at some point and see if I could see myself living there, though at first glance it doesn't attract me enough, but who knows...

Hmmm..... why not Costa Rica, Panama, Uruguay, Brazil??? :rolleyes:

Panama and Uruguay are options. Panama City especially could be a good place to set up base.

You should start there!

Hahaha I agree! I guess I'm just getting older and want to settle down, mainly for convenience. But I know that financially it makes much more sense to keep moving and keep my current tax-free structure.

We'll see. There's always a chance that in 2030 this thread is still active and I haven't found that place to put down roots in. :D

Reactions: JimBeam and jafo
There is no DTA between Cyprus and the US
ki#¤%

• Wow
Reactions: scooterguy
Do you think they will do that with the 'tax-free if you hodl for >1 year' rule also? I confirmed with a lawyer that that is still tax-free.
Don't trust ANYONE!

Unless you DOXX yourself on crypto, nobody knows it belongs to you.
I can give plenty of examples, but I don't want to derail this thread.

Disclose ONLY what is necessary for you to pay for your living expenses.

Reactions: jesuschrist
Hungary, Croatia, Austria, maybe French Riviera without getting residency there.
Plus houses in the Caribbean or SEA, I like those places for a few months but becomes boring very quickly, I don't think I could live there for long term when I become older.

If the West falls probably China or Russia.

Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads