Our valued sponsor

Where would you move if you had a Family?

NHR 2.0 is already in place, and it's not too bad....
No taxes on foreign capital gains, no taxes on foreign income for 10 years.
To be eligible you'll have to earn income from one of their profession categories.
Capture d’écran 2024-06-16 à 22.54.07.webp

I spoke to a Portuguese lawyer last week, that's what he said.
There are others perks, but I only talked to him about foreign capital gains and income.

Do a search, "New NHR", you'll find plenty of articles.

yes saw it but condition to get it is more strict and have to be in a specific list of job.. But yeah free capital capital (oversea) is a good thing.. if it's really apply to stock market..

Reactions: Radko
No family but I moved to Monaco and it's pretty good so far.
Don't lose this, brother, and do NOT engage in ANY shady deals with ANY shady individuals (government "licensed" individuals should be AVOIDED at ALL costs) and risk screwing this up! ;)

You are on the fast track to keeping ALL your wealth, but most importantly, you won't be accused or charged with "tax evasion" EVER!

PS. Do NOT own property in ANY other country...unless it's also devoid of income tax filings! :cool: - Up, up, & above!

Algarve is SO nice! Great seafood! Good weather.

PS. or at least it used to be. I haven't been there since the pandemic)

I was there last year, in September, it's still really nice. Cheaper than Spain when it comes to groceries and life in general, but finding an affordable long-term rental is challenging, for sure more expensive than in the south of Spain. Too much demand for rentals given the success of the NHR program. The beach in Portimao is so nice!

• Love
Reactions: jafo
Yes, no capital gains tax on foreign financial assets, and no taxes on foreign income.

I couldn't move to Portugal before, but I can move now and live tax free, but I don't think I'll end up moving to Portugal, finding an affordable long-term rental is challenging, at least in the South (Algarve)

I dont know well Algarve, but it's the same story In Lisbon.. very complicated to find good flat (quality/price) and even more complicates on the rental market... Just few offers and price 'very high' for Portugal..

Take also in consideration that Portugal has a big 'black list coutries' if your income come from their countries, you can pay 35% tax instead of 0%, so need to be careful from where it's come

https://www.pwc.pt/en/pwcinforfisco/tax-guide/2024/favourable-tax-regimes.html