Our valued sponsor

Which banks accept high risk clients in 2020?

Pacific Private Bank seems great if you want all the reputational disadvantages of Vanuatu combined with being limited to EUR through SEPA or, if you are very lucky, EUR (and EUR only) over SWIFT via their Turkish correspondent bank.

Well, I have the account in this bank as well. Sure, I remember 2 cases when I had troubles with receiving money from N. Cyprus bank, but apart from that, I am satisfied with the banking experience.

Their swift works just fine; it could be faster.

Can you advice some introducers?
I used FBS Cyprus.

that's very very new to me that they have releaxed their policies! Are you sure about that?
Yes, they relaxed their policies earlier this year. I was able to open account for Malta trading company which can be considered high risk, something that was not possible a year ago.

I used FBS Cyprus.

Yes, they relaxed their policies earlier this year. I was able to open account for Malta trading company which can be considered high risk, something that was not possible a year ago.
Not bad. I have been working with them for years. The last time I tried to open an account with them was in 2017 where it was difficult, if not impossible, to open an account for company actually registered in Cyprus.

Affiliate marketing is not a high risk business.

I have opened business accounts in several european countries and never had any issues.

I can assume that some banks in cyprus and similar countries can have issues like this due to lazy and non business minded staff.

False. I've been kicked out of 3 banks already because of this.
My business is 100% transparent but banks simply don't like forex/gambling related payments. Even if it is just a marketing fee.

If I don't tell them what I do exactly, this will just delay the "kick out". But eventually after 2-3 years they will find out.

BTW Bank of Cyprus also doesn't accept affiliates.

False. I've been kicked out of 3 banks already because of this.
My business is 100% transparent but banks simply don't like forex/gambling related payments. Even if it is just a marketing fee.

If I don't tell them what I do exactly, this will just delay the "kick out". But eventually after 2-3 years they will find out.

BTW Bank of Cyprus also doesn't accept affiliates.

Find the EMI that is friendly to your business. Those are existing for sure! ;)

Reactions: JustAskin
Sure but what happens to my money if they go bankrupt like wirecard?
Wirecard is a bank. With a bank, you are protected under deposit insurance law which across EU is typically 100,000 EUR per person per bank. Anything above that amount is up to courts and creditors to claw back from the mess the bank leaves behind as it crashes and burns.

EMIs, on the other hand, are required to maintain 100% reserves (slightly more, in fact). They cannot use the funds for fractional reserve banking, investments, and so on. If an EMI fails, your funds are safe from other creditors.

Last edited:
Wirecard is a bank. With a bank, you are protected under deposit insurance law which across EU is typically 100,000 EUR per person per bank. Anything above that amount is up to courts and creditors to claw back from the mess the bank leaves behind as it crashes and burns.

EMIs, on the other hand, are required to maintain 100% reserves (slightly more, in fact). They cannot use the funds for fractional reserve banking, investments, and so on. If an EMI fails, your funds are safe from other creditors.
Well there is a catch though. It's unlikely but can happen: If the bankend bank of an EMI fails you are screwed because this kind of business accounts are usually not 100,000€ protected in the EU. Some years ago Sata bank failed in Malta and it was the backend bank of the EMI Leopay. Afaik people could not access their money for a long time and some also lost money.

Latest Threads