Our valued sponsor

Wise account for Cyprus company - waitlist

most often the close accounts like that if you don't have informed them about the real business activity.
Yes, it happens frequently, definitely.
But having said that, I insist on that there is really a very remarkable number of cases where their AI machine just makes a false deduction / misinterprets data (or/and some poorly paid trained monkey at the first line of compliance departement does the same); and the dispute takes eons.
I think that the biggest problem with Wise is that they are too known and too many people try to use it – not always for a clean activity – and the capacity of Wise compliance dept is very probably underpowered (it can perfectly be a result of the low-cost business model).

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyDoe
I tried to set up a Wise account today for my company in Cyprus. During registration, I received information that:
"Due to high demand, we can't onboard business from this country right now. Join the waitlist, and we'll email you when you're able to sigh up"
Has anyone had a similar situation recently? Anyone know how much is in practice waiting on this waitlist?
Has anyone recently created an account on Revolut or is there a similar situation there too?
I've been on the waitlist for my Cyprus company application for almost 2 years with WISE. Even had a skype call with the Wise lawyer and account manager who couldn't do anything about the process. They were not even aware how long that waitlist is.

actually Revolut accepts CY companies now. If you dm me, I can share direct contact details of the Revolut person who can guide you through the whole process of opening a bank account.
No need for that. Stop trying to advertise stuff. That's a quick path to a ban. We have a very low tolerance for that kind of stuff.

Revolut accepts CY companies directly.

Exactly. This is not advertising, I am not getting anything for sharing the details anyway. The details I can share are the person within Revolut.
Hmmm, so if Revolut can accept Cyprus companies as it's a standard policy they have since Cyprus is in the EU - what's the need for people to contact you? It's nonsense, and as sols writes, it seems like nothing more than advertising. Are you planning to send people a referral link?

You must explain yourself if you think there is a really good reason for it....

Hmmm, so if Revolut can accept Cyprus companies as it's a standard policy they have since Cyprus is in the EU - what's the need for people to contact you?
I responded to a specific person who wrote that Revolut does not accept CY companies and I offered him ( and not to everyone on this forum) a way to get the account if he wished so. I think my message is self explanatory, there could be no referral link, just the details of the person in Revolut.