Our valued sponsor

Question Wise and payments

Dreadlash

Oct 12, 2022
Italia
Visit site
Hello lads
I have a problem with Wise, practically every time I try to make a transfer it pauses me and even giving information it does not proceed and therefore I am always forced to do everything with paypal connected to wise and that is what I would like to avoid, there is a Equally valid EMI but which allows me to make transfers without problems? Thank you.

Reactions: bizman
This is what they told me:
As a strictly regulated financial institution, we are required to complete routine checks on all transactions made on our platform. The latter can be triggered by several factors that we cannot predict as a Customer Support agent.

Consequently, we cannot prevent these checks from being carried out in the future.

And yet many business people even from this forum say Wise is the best or one of the best. I also have my doubts but any EMI can act just like Wise. Its the nature of EMIs and in their DNA. I would not use them for any business just regular spending and low ammounts moving around.

Reactions: extremedox101
Revoult would exclude it because it joins the CRS while Wise is not currently required to the CRS, so in case I would prefer something like this, I use it to pay a foreign distributor.
It's like pissing in the pans, it's warm in the beginning and very cold shortly after.

• Haha
Reactions: bigdaddyleon
Any other EMI is better than Wise
you are getting almost as stubborn about Wise as Martin about EPB :D
yes, it's a terrible scum but let's face it, they are far the best functioning and most reliable EMI in the whole swamp of this temporary "industry"

I used plenty of EMIs through the years and wise is the only one still doing the job and all my accounts are still there which I cannot say about any other EMI - oh wait, maybe AdvCash if it counts :)

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean
Well i think he means that wise isn't a part of crs for now but at some point it will be and then retrospectively they will give out info.. so for now it's 'warm piss' but in the maybe near future it might be 'cold' piss..

I think it's healthy to assume that we are headed for more and more control , not less.. so his assumption ,sadly, is probably correct.

Reactions: Spinat
But are you also wise to have problems when making a transfer? I'm talking about wire transfers ranging from 5k to 10k
No that is fine with Wise, Revolut and many of the more reputable EMI's and neobanks. The question is the nature of your business, source of funds and if you are playing games with the EMI?!

Reactions: bizman
Hello lads
I have a problem with Wise, practically every time I try to make a transfer it pauses me and even giving information it does not proceed and therefore I am always forced to do everything with paypal connected to wise and that is what I would like to avoid, there is a Equally valid EMI but which allows me to make transfers without problems? Thank you.
There must be something with your business model or the beneficiaries. From this forum several people have bad experience with wise, we have several wise accounts and never encountered any issues with transfer up to 100k eur/usd to different continents. In those years they have only asked 2 or 3 times with all accounts together to provide some information about the transfer (as the invoice), after providing it, the funds were transfered.

It is true that for transfers of amounts above five thousand EUR/USD it takes 24 hours to have it actually sent out, since they want to validate it and in your case block it for some obscure reason.

Latest Threads