Our valued sponsor

Wise - Ben Delo SAR's

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site

Interesting case hit the docket.

Makes you wonder how Wise does SAR's for non resident British Citizens (Ben Delo) for example, who'd they'd file that with.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Hummmm...will be an interesting case. As we know EU law was transposed into UK law as part of brexit. If the case has merit and he gets access to SARS then expect a raft of other legal cases over undisclosed reasons for account closures.

Reactions: jafo and wellington
I didnt read the article but customer is allowed acces sanyway , since the SAR needs to be disclosed after 14 days, in order for the NCA to decide to take action or not. Obviously 99.9% of the sars never get response, but you should still be able to get it, subject to legal wrangle. I think it will just be a matter of time when there actually will be someone these banks piss off who is rich enough not to give a f*ck and take them to the cleaners.

Its unbelievable banks can submit SAR reports as they see fit, and share with anyeon they want apart with the subject himself....

I didnt read the article but customer is allowed acces sanyway , since the SAR needs to be disclosed after 14 days, in order for the NCA to decide to take action or not.

Good to know...but article says:

"This was a summary judgment/strike out application, so is of limited precedent value. The case has settled, so we will not see the issues that arose fully resolved. We are not expecting this decision to cause a rush by customers to bring claims of this sort against banks:

– The English courts have historically provided banks with considerable protection and discretion relating to SARs due to the fact that banks are merely seeking to help law enforcement and avoid criminal liability. The courts would not want to encourage civil claims of this sort."

:confused:

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Its unbelievable banks can submit SAR reports as they see fit, and share with anyeon they want apart with the subject himself....

Names to remember gentlemen. They have successfully survived the battlefield scars & experience.
The barrister and the solicitor:
"David Lonsdale appeared in person
Quentin Tannock (instructed by Dentons UK and Middle East LLP) for the Defendant"

Latest Threads