Our valued sponsor

Wise CRS question

The services are provided by Wise Australia Pty Ltd ACN 616 463 855. Wise Australia Pty Ltd holds an Australian Financial Services licence (AFSL) number 513764 and is a Purchased Payment Facility (PPF) provider authorised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).

I believe Wise already exchange information through CRS since they are a bank.

I recently heard from a person in Belgium who created a new wise account this year, all ready the all wise bank information is displayed in his digital online profile by the National bank. Twice a year the ending balance of all bank accounts on your name show up there (end of June balance and end of December balance).

Either this is related to CRS or because Wise is registered as a Belgian bank in EU.
I think Belgium is different than UK. Most WISE customers are International but set-up though the UK entity I believe. You can still have a Euro Acc, and it gives you a Belgian IBAN, so perhaps it would only apply to Belgian Residents.

Wise do report CRS

From what I understand, only if you hold it in ASSETS which pays interest/returns. No mention of the standard non-interest accounts, which are not actually held in your name (even though you have an "account").
Why not email them and try to get a confirmation of this? They will just send you this same extract again, because I think they like to keep this a grey area until it becomes black and white.

Wise is NOT a bank

Reactions: Benzouser
From what I understand, only if you hold it in ASSETS which pays interest/returns. No mention of the standard non-interest accounts, which are not actually held in your name (even though you have an "account").
Why not email them and try to get a confirmation of this? They will just send you this same extract again, because I think they like to keep this a grey area until it becomes black and white.

Wise is NOT a bank
The people in Support dont know much as you think

Why do you think we call them Monkeys?

Anyway all EMIs except US based report on CRS to your residence country

The people in Support dont know much as you think

Why do you think we call them Monkeys?

Anyway all EMIs except US based report on CRS to your residence country
I am betting that their reluctance to clarify suggests that they are not reporting currency accounts. But of course, do not take my advice if you are thinking to use WISE for this purpose.

If anyone can clearly show that they are reporting then that would be welcome.

Latest Threads