Our valued sponsor

Wise deactivated my business account

They sent me the money to my personal bank account without issues. No issues dealing with large transfers with an Emirates NBD account. I had 7 figures in my closed Wise account. Good luck!
My account was closed too. Did they ask for any documents to release the funds? I am wondering why it took them so long. When I try to withdraw my funds it says it may take up to 10 business days. I don´t have a bank where to withdraw yet

FYI, In my case, Wise told me I could not use my personal wise account to cash in money from business activity.
I had to create a sole trader account.
However, the problem remains, I don't know what they will ask me next year as KYC/AML.
Since i am independent I had to justify 3 months of revenue.
I assume you were able to get your account back in the end, what did they ask for to justify those 3 months of revenue?

We need to keep this topic at the top so that future generations will keep this in mind. :)

Apparently it’s my turn to say goodbye to Wise. The last incoming payment for 6000+ euros has been paused, outgoing payments are also not being processed. They are studying my documentation. Card is still working, successfully paid at the gas station today.

Info for Wise sectarians and skeptics: Estonian company VAT payer, with one person director/beneficiary etc with EU passport. No shady business, invoices, agreement, everything is clear.
An account in Wise is convenient, it works quickly and beautifully, but with a high probability it will be closed to you at some point.

I have a second account with little amount on it but it’s enough to finish the project I’m working on.
I'm calm because i can wait out the blocking of funds on Wise account, maybe they will study my documents and activate all the services for me again, but I definitely won’t use them now.
Lesson that I've learned thanks to that forum: Always have a second account to keep the company going. I did just that.

I'm exploring an alternatives now, want to find an EMI or bank which will not block the account like Wise and Revolut or at least with whom you can have a normal conversation if they have questions about the case, preferably with resonable pricing policy.

I think I’m not the only one who will be grateful for advices here.

Reactions: Why and JohnnyDoe
We need to keep this topic at the top so that future generations will keep this in mind. :)

Apparently it’s my turn to say goodbye to Wise. The last incoming payment for 6000+ euros has been paused, outgoing payments are also not being processed. They are studying my documentation. Card is still working, successfully paid at the gas station today.

Info for Wise sectarians and skeptics: Estonian company VAT payer, with one person director/beneficiary etc with EU passport. No shady business, invoices, agreement, everything is clear.
An account in Wise is convenient, it works quickly and beautifully, but with a high probability it will be closed to you at some point.

I have a second account with little amount on it but it’s enough to finish the project I’m working on.
I'm calm because i can wait out the blocking of funds on Wise account, maybe they will study my documents and activate all the services for me again, but I definitely won’t use them now.
Lesson that I've learned thanks to that forum: Always have a second account to keep the company going. I did just that.

I'm exploring an alternatives now, want to find an EMI or bank which will not block the account like Wise and Revolut or at least with whom you can have a normal conversation if they have questions about the case, preferably with resonable pricing policy.

If you are dealing with EU banks or EMIs

This what gonna happen to you always

And it get harder if you recieve USD they will make a lovely halloween party on your account

• Haha
Reactions: Maitrey

No transfer to Turkey now from Wise.com

0, null

If you have business partners there - Wise.com stops make any sens

Any other banking alternatives for Estonian companies than Wise.com ???

I was very surprised when after I applied for an account in Zen.com they replied that they could not accept my company although I have been using my personal account with Zen for two years. Maybe they didn't understand the maritime business... Maybe I have to to study something not so pop.

I am with 3smoney now. Have a dedicated account manager so is convient. But they don´t have cards or something as far as I know

Wise was much faster and better but yeah once they close your account, you will probably always be on their radar

Reactions: Maitrey
Something strange happened. Wise reviewed all my provided documents and two weeks later unblocked the account and all transactions on it, everything works. :oops:
Nevertheless, a lesson has been learned.

From this forum I try to collect peoples stories about EMIs, banks and their experience.

At the moment, I have not found an EMI that does not block the account just like that but asks questions if they want to know something as well as bank that can open an account for a small Estonian company with owner from EU.

Reactions: Why
you turn off topic mr. @Maitrey you must open a new thread!

I'm happy to hear that your Wise account got reopened and all funds released while you did what all people should do when a bank ask for it. Provide the god damn documents that you have to provide to them. Make sure ALWAYS to have your documents ready and in place when you do bank transactions.

Following up, please let us know if you found a good alternative

Latest Threads