Our valued sponsor

Question Working alternatives to Stripe for Dubai FZCO company

Jocus

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
I have a FZCO in Dubai, been using Stripe. Now Stripe is closing the account as they state that payments appears to be unauthorized by the customer, and the owner of the card or account did not consent to these payments. I am now in the process of getting Stripe to re-verify our accounts, as we do inform our customers of the terms and conditions - customers have to click "I have read and accepted etcetc " upon checkout - but, far from all actually reads the t/c, and then some of these customers complain, to us, to the bank etc.
Stripe has stated that they want to refund already paid to the customers, and in their re-verification process they ask for our debitcard. I guess they want to take and deduct refunds from our bank account.

We sell a physical product and customers sign up for a digital recuring subscription at the same time. Subscribers may buy from our other inventory of physical products at a reduced price. Customers are in Europe.

I have the distinct feeling that whatever I will and can provide Stripe at this stage, they will close the account regardless. So, simple question: do you have experience and can recommend different, reliable payment providers who can handle our business?

Feel free to PM me with direct contact in

I have a FZCO in Dubai, been using Stripe. Now Stripe is closing the account as they state that payments appears to be unauthorized by the customer, and the owner of the card or account did not consent to these payments. I am now in the process of getting Stripe to re-verify our accounts, as we do inform our customers of the terms and conditions - customers have to click "I have read and accepted etcetc " upon checkout - but, far from all actually reads the t/c, and then some of these customers complain, to us, to the bank etc.
Stripe has stated that they want to refund already paid to the customers, and in their re-verification process they ask for our debitcard. I guess they want to take and deduct refunds from our bank account.

We sell a physical product and customers sign up for a digital recuring subscription at the same time. Subscribers may buy from our other inventory of physical products at a reduced price. Customers are in Europe.

I have the distinct feeling that whatever I will and can provide Stripe at this stage, they will close the account regardless. So, simple question: do you have experience and can recommend different, reliable payment providers who can handle our business?

Feel free to PM me with direct contact in
"customers sign up for a digital recuring subscription at the same time." -- that for sure has been the reason for complaint and if you got many, Stripe will show you the door.

Any takers? Noone with some words of wisdom?

JackAlabama, not many complaints at all. Allow me to clarify, and forgive me for going into detail, I want you to have the full picture: please note in my initial thread that we go through great lengths to inform customers of our T&C (the subscription), on the website, stated clearly alongside an order from a customer during their shopping, again clearly on the checkout form, and, customers have to actively check a box with Agreement of our T&C, age etc. before they can proceed to place an order. As soon as the customer has placed the order, we display a message onscreen thanking for the order, wherein we repeat the T&C, as well as send an orderconfirmation to the customers email, again informing of the subscription (which, and we state this to the customer, the first 14 days is a trial subscription, and the customer may cancel the subscription at any time), and attach our full T&C as well. If the customer does not cancel the subscription during the trial period, after 14 days the paid monthly subscription (or you may call it membership) starts. The membership allows our customers to choose and buy from our range of products at a discounted price.
Typically, and this goes for the vast majority of our customers, if the customer does not want to continue with a paid subscription after the trialperiod, they email our support to that effect, or cancel the subscription by themselves in their profile on our site. It is the few, but loud customers crying WOLF who, despite all our efforts to inform them of the terms of our service and offers, simply don't read our T&C, even though it is plastered all over the place. They believe that we have started a subscription without their knowledge, thus "stealing" their funds. Yes, we have started a subscription, but everyone have been duly informed, constantly, and over and over again, before, whilst and after placing an order.
Be that as it may, as earlier mentioned, Stripe decided to terminate our account.

So,
1) how else (more) to secure the understanding of EVERYONE of the T&Cs ?
2) and/or do you or anyone here have experience and can recommend different, reliable payment providers who can handle our business as it is now, or with any changes to the above implemented?

I am looking forward to good advice, and if the right solution comes along, willing to offer a "consultancy fee" for leading me in the right direction.