Our valued sponsor

Working in Iran - where to offshore?

vemvemem

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm EU citizen. I was offered to work in Iran. I will be spending 11 months in the country in 2018. Effectively, I will be Iranian tax resident.

Good news is that I can be paid ~80% of my salary through Dubai. Basically, I could invoice Dubai company for services. That, of course, makes me wonder how to get that money out of Dubai at 0% tax (if possible).

Any idea what should I do? I've never created any company/bank account outside of EU. I contacted one company and they quoted me 3,5K EUR for Marhshall Islands company (not mentioned bank account at all). I feel like I need to understand some alternatives here.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Great time to be taking up work in Iran :(

Iran taxes worldwide income of those tax resident I believe so don't get into tax problems over there. Have you considered the Diplomatic issues between Iran and Gulf states. As a resident of Iran your assets might get frozen in Dubai if tensions increase.

Do you really need a company to get paid. Can you not use a payroll company in Dubai (if they exist there) which receives your salary and pays to a bank of your choice anywhere in the world?

Great time to be taking up work in Iran :(

Certainly, it's not the best. Agree.

I will need to get more info, but as per my understanding, the sheer amount of money is paid out from Dubai by a local company. Not Iranian located in Iran. If I used a payroll company, I'd have to pay all my taxes in Iran. The idea would be to avoid it if possible. I'm not sure how much of a reach Iranian government has, so not sure if Dubai has obligation to report on me back to Iran. Does a legal solution exist here?

Iran has a double tax treaty (DTA) with 42 countries and UAE is not one of them. Nor is Iran part of CRS.

http://en.mimt.gov.ir/file_manager/...-other-countries-Ratified.html?t=File-Manager

You have a legitimate reason considering the general situation with Iran (not so much the protests) to use an offshore account to get paid. UAE is not a fair place however. Not too long ago they ordered overnight all the accounts of Nigerian non-residents to be closed with immediate effect. The same can happen with Iranian's not living in UAE but holding accounts there. Find a good tax advisor in UAE or Iran I would say.