Our valued sponsor

Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico, please tell me what's your choice?

I don't want to open yet another thread about usa llc.. so here's my question :

If I would open usa llc , and spend all earnings on legit expenses (no bulls**t ) then I wouldn't be required to pay any taxes to my home country (EU) ? As my profit would be 0$.

That would actually come in handy for me.. so if anyone had some info please share away..
It depends on the country you live, some countries could treat the LLC as a local company where the work is being handled. Best you can do is asking a local accountant about it.

If I would open usa llc , and spend all earnings on legit expenses (no bulls**t ) then I wouldn't be required to pay any taxes to my home country (EU) ? As my profit would be 0$.

You pay tax on profit. So I can’t imagine there would be taxes. But you would usually still have to declare to your local authorities that you own the company and usually also have to file taxes.
And if your profit is 0, what would be the point of having the company?

You pay tax on profit. So I can’t imagine there would be taxes. But you would usually still have to declare to your local authorities that you own the company and usually also have to file taxes.
And if your profit is 0, what would be the point of having the company?
Point is that I have a company in my home country and if I have any more volume on the company I am in higher tax bracket.. regardless if it's expens or profit.. so it would come in handy to have a company just for expenses and leave the current volume in my company as is..
Thank you all for responses !

I just opened a new single-member foreign-owned US LLC.

In the past, I registered an LLC in a different state, got an EIN, but then I closed that LLC because I didn't use it.

Should I request a new EIN for my new LLC?
In the SS-4 instructions, it seems I may (or required?) reuse the old EIN as a sole proprietor, but it has my old LLC name and address on the EIN notice and I am not sure it will work for online banks.

What would you do?

Reactions: sonato
I used the same agent as people in this thread for $35 and registered in New Mexico.
If you are a foreigner, fax and mailing are the only options you have to apply for an EIN. You can't do it online within minutes as Americans can. And you need to wait who knows how much because of the covid.

Call this number option 2 is for service in Spanish, you will receive the EIN number the moment the agent finishes completing the SS4 over the phone, then in 10 days the registered agent will receive the EIn document by fax and he will load it in your customer account.
Cheers
So, for Spanish speakers they give you EIN immediately and for English speakers you wait 2 months? :D

• Haha
Reactions: JohnLocke
I called yesterday, everything was going smooth until we reached section 8c, when I told the guy that the company was organized IN USA...... AND....., he told me that he understood that I as a foreigner was calling that number and as the compay was not going to make business in the country, so very politely he transfered the call to what he told me was his collegue, and there I was facing again 45 working days for the EIN. Couple of doubts that I still have though, what would have happened if I just say that in section 8c that the company was formed OUTSIDE the USA, what would be the implicances? and secondly, how they determine the 45 working days, if I'm the one that sent the fax.... anyways, the person told me that my applicaton (which I filed and sent by fax a month ago) was not in the system yet
Note: I called before several times and the first question that I've got was if the company was formed IN the country and was rejected inmediately, this last time I thougt someting was different, all conversations in all cases were held in english, no EIN support for spanish as for now. I understand and respect other fellow experiences have been different, I'm not trying to discredit anyone. Hope thos helps!

Last edited:
I called yesterday, everything was going smooth until we reached section 8c, when I told the guy that the company was organized IN USA...... AND....., he told me that he understood that I as a foreigner was calling that number and as the compay was not going to make business in the country, so very politely he transfered the call to what he told me was his collegue, and there I was facing again 45 working days for the EIN. Couple of doubts that I still have though, what would have happened if I just say that in section 8c that the company was formed OUTSIDE the USA, what would be the implicances? and secondly, how they determine the 45 working days, if I'm the one that sent the fax.... anyways, the person told me that my applicaton (which I filed and sent by fax a month ago) was not in the system yet
Note: I called before several times and the first question that I've got was if the company was formed IN the country and was rejected inmediately, this last time I thougt someting was different, all conversations in all cases were held in english, no EIN support for spanish as for now. I understand and respect other fellow experiences have been different, I'm not trying to discredit anyone. Hope thos helps!
Thanks for your update! Damn, this is such a pain comparing to 5 days previously. I feel they are working now like these sloths from the movie. If things go that way, it may be easier to wait until the New Year than to file annual reporting just for December only.

cjv.gif

I think saying that your company was formed outside of the US may conflict with information that you file in form 5472 later. But I am not an expert and don't have experience.

45 working days from the fax application I think. In some documents, they even say you need only "to apply" for EIN and may even write that you applied instead of EIN number in some forms. But I doubt you can open a bank account without a real EIN number?

Reactions: pesto
45 working days from the fax application I think. In some documents, they even say you need only "to apply" for EIN and may even write that you applied instead of EIN number in some forms. But I doubt you can open a bank account without a real EIN number?
this sounds very slow :(

Can you say, in all the posting, I don't understand it longer, is it required to have EIN for opening of Transferwise account or other EMI?

I speak Spanish!
Hey bud, I'm from Argentina and I've been reading all the information I found online. I want get this done myself and save a few bucks.

So you created the LLC with one of the free services available (incfile, inauthority etc) , then you got the EIN yourself and you paid $35/year for the registered agent.

Did you get the Operating Agreement for free? (I think it is a must for bank accounts). It cost $89 on Incauthority for example.

Don't you mind if we exchange a few DM's? I'm a new member so I cannot contact you.

I created an LLC at the end of July to use in stripe, I am a foreigner, non-resident, I obtained the EIN and I am receiving payments in stripe without problems, I make the transfers to payonner and use my mastercard wherever I want. It is not to confront, I just want to clarify that what you are saying is wrong from my position. regards
How did you manage to use Stripe with Payoneer? Stripe has stopped working with Payoneer since Aug 2019. They are not allowing any Virtual Bank Accounts that doesn't have direct debit. This is again a reason Transferwise isn't working for Stripe US businesses for non residents. Stripe now requires US bank accounts with direct debit facility. Transferwise USD accounts with direct debit is only available for US residents.
About the Payoneer card, they send the card to the address mentioned in the PoA document.

Dude, there is no way around. If your LLC was incorporated in the US, you have to fax SS4 and wait 45 working days. People sharing different stories online are either lying or have no idea what they are talking about. If they issued foreign EIN for your US LLC (if you lied to them), you could get in trouble. Just follow the rules and wait for 45 working days.

Latest Threads