Our valued sponsor

Wyoming LLC renewal

I have a Wyoming LLC that I ended up not using, the agent is asking for the renewal fee or dissolution fee, what happens if I just don't renew or dissolve the company? It gets closed anyway?
Gets closed after one year and you need to end up paying Wyoming penalty fees

Do you know if someone outside the US ever had to pay the penalties? I mean, what if you simply don't pay them will they go after you?

You can just stop paying fees, but the company will stay in the Registry for years to come. Given that WY Registry is publicly available, someone, for whatever reason, could in 4 years go to the Registry and see you had LLC in that State. If you decide to dissolve it for good (and pay dissolution fees), LLC will be deleted from the Registry. Out of curiosity, how much are they asking for dissolution?

Otherwise, you should not have problems if you decide just to let it go, no penalties, no charges, no travel ban etc.

So from that point of view it would be better with a New Mexico company where there isn't a public register of companies with UBO visible right?

You can just stop paying fees, but the company will stay in the Registry for years to come. Given that WY Registry is publicly available, someone, for whatever reason, could in 4 years go to the Registry and see you had LLC in that State. If you decide to dissolve it for good (and pay dissolution fees), LLC will be deleted from the Registry. Out of curiosity, how much are they asking for dissolution?

Otherwise, you should not have problems if you decide just to let it go, no penalties, no charges, no travel ban etc.

250 to renew, 100 to dissolve. Through the agent

Reactions: JohnLocke

Latest Threads