Our valued sponsor

XRP (Ripple) exploding, rate is going crazy?

Cryptocurrency exchange Bitstamp said it’s halting XRP trading and deposits for all U.S. customers on Jan. 8, 2021, because of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s recent filing, alleging XRP is a security.

U.S. customers will be able to withdraw their XRP even after trading is halted, Bitstamp said.
Other countries are not affected, Bitstamp said.

Reactions: JohnLocke

so game over for XRP ? or ... buy the dip ?

this is typically one of those event where FUD is at its peak and buying then could be a win ... or zero ;)

as a reminder the SEC cracked down on EOS end of 2019 and they got away with a slap on the hand (about 25M) ..

unfortunately I strongly believe XRP has absolutely zero fundamental ...

btw just entertaining a thought here ;)

I made some money on XRP back in 2017, I had no f*****g idea what they were trying to do (they probably didn't know either) but the currency was cheap back then (fraction of a cent) and gaining momentum. Then I sold with some profit and never cared about them since then.

I also spoke with a guy from the Big4 who did some consulting for a bank - large traditional bank, not investment bank. The bank was offered to run some "demonstration program" or "feasibility study" of use of Ripple inside of the bank. Probably noone really understood what the goal is supposed to be but corporate bulls**t bingo prevailed, Ripple charged them a large amount (don't remember if a few hundred thousands $ or even a million), nothing was achieved and the project was quietly scratched.

I'm lucky enough that I didn't spend more then 1000 euro on XRP back in 2018, I kept them until last week, so I made a small + but I'm out now.

Like others mentioned, I didn't understand what they were about neither.

Reactions: Martin Everson
damn I am thinking of betting on a recovery here with a small bag ... the whole f*****g planet has now heard of XRP ... unless the founder go to jail I don't think this will ever stop and since they made a f**k ton of money with this scam ...

anyone else thinking the same ?

Doesn't sound good for XRP but it will be trading soon like how Hertz stock did...lol.

Latest Threads