Our valued sponsor

bankera scam

They are overloaded by applications that is why they cannot accept applications for free
I will never understand how anybody would pay a non-refundable fee to apply for a bank account or financial account.

I mean, how desperate or how illegal must be your business to be applying for such accounts?

That's dumb and probably anybody paying for that deserve to be scammed

I have used Bankera a fair bit, no issues tbh,

I would think you'll get your 900 euros back, without needing to use three lawyers on your payroll? It's obvious they are a legit operator and not some back-bedroom place.

I will never understand how anybody would pay a non-refundable fee to apply for a bank account or financial account.

I mean, how desperate or how illegal must be your business to be applying for such accounts?

If I remember correctly, wise charges a $60 fee

I would think you'll get your 900 euros back, without needing to use three lawyers on your payroll?
It won’t happen. It didn’t happen for me and I never heard of anyone who received a refund.
It's obvious they are a legit operator and not some back-bedroom place.
Legit operators don’t run advance fees scams.

Reactions: polonieth

Ah, it's a non-refundable fee for the application? is there any terms we can see?

f**k me, it’s 900 euros I’ve spent more on a night out

Move on and chalk it up to education.
Well done.

I would never write off 900 euros so easily. Never skip a chance to pick up a penny.

If I remember correctly, wise charges a $60 fee

It won’t happen. It didn’t happen for me and I never heard of anyone who received a refund.

Legit operators don’t run advance fees scams.
True, paying 900 euros for an application, sounds like a bad idea. Especially if it's non refundable as claimed?

Last edited:
Reactions: bibing and jafo
cool s**t show here again... what really is Bankera and their local shill was discussed here many times and yet we still hear from those who didn't read first - OP, write the off, take it as a cheap experience and move on, they are not worth a minute of your time

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
thanks for the advise , but i have some money to through away it will be fun chase this idiots , i have experince working with bol they obvously are getting some kick back from pervesk , they might get away with it , but mfsa is much more serious , i willopen comaplin in Lichenstain as well they not like this small petty scammers .
Any way this forum. will dammage them enough i am sure some one in BOL aleready s**t in their pants
if you want use bankera use Sąskaitos, mokėjimai, finansavimas I Mano bankas is tehir correspondent bank if you pass their comaplince is beter than work with this scammres
I agree with @JohnnyDoe - 900 is the tuition payment. You learned a valuable lesson. Update your CV with 3 credits on "How to be conned by EMIs."

Is Bankera a sponsor on this site? :rolleyes:

If they are not, I know what to do, otherwise, I prefer NOT to battle with sponsors/advertisers of the site as a professional courtesy to OCT. ;)

I agree with @JohnnyDoe - 900 is the tuition payment. You learned a valuable lesson. Update your CV with 3 credits on "How to be conned by EMIs."

Is Bankera a sponsor on this site? :rolleyes:

If they are not, I know what to do, otherwise, I prefer NOT to battle with sponsors/advertisers of the site as a professional courtesy to OCT. ;)
I don't understand you people. Is it EMI fault you don't read terms and conditions and fees description?
I think it's very clearly stated on their website - 900 euros is just for Application review: Business Account Pricing

• Haha
Reactions: void
I mean you have got to be sketchy if you can’t use wise and have to branch out to Bankera - I set up an account as was a member of their ico - used it once and it was imho a pointless enterprise - ie to use with crypto you had to export from exchange to Bankera to bank and took about a week.

There’s much faster methods with legitimate licensed entities in the Uk, Canada etc which have turn around in minutes to hours for legit companies or personal use…

I don't understand you people. Is it EMI fault you don't read terms and conditions and fees description?
I think it's very clearly stated on their website - 900 euros is just for Application review: Business Account Pricing
@Konstanz - You have provided invaluable knowledge on many posts, so I'll answer this as a courtesy to explain why Textualism should apply and when the opposing party, e.g. Bankera, claims they apply arbitrary Purposivism, we should take note, and as Justice Scalia once quipped "bounce".

Still, @csp dubai should have asked us here, but went at it alone. I feel REALLY bad for @csp dubai because NOBODY should be giving €900 to anyone for NOTHING in return. Let's face it: It's NOT like the world is looking for a bunch of undeserving people to reward with €900. :rolleyes:

The narrow legal issue here is the €900 and the words accompanying it. Juxtaposing the two images we get... The first image to the left is the original Bankera Premium info. The second image, the one to the right, is one Bankera could easily face in court with an accusation of lying by omission. Follow me here...

Juxtaposed.jpg

Hashing is based on the idea that if two strings are equal, they should have the same hash value. Therefore, to compare two strings, you can actually compare their hashes, instead of comparing each character. This saves time and space, especially if the strings are long or have a fixed length.

Now applying canons on interpretation:

(1) Casus omissus pro omisso habendus est. Nothing is to be added to what the text states or reasonably implies. That is, a matter NOT COVERED, is to be treated as NOT covered. The interpreter must NOT read by way of creation, policy preferences, or politics. It is NOT his function or within his power to change, enlarge, or even improve the law/written text. The search for what the drafter (i.e. Bankera) "would have wanted" is invariably either a deception or a delusion. In this case, the drafter, BANKERA, FAILED TO mention the word NON-REFUNDABLE. Bankera and its drafters knew/are familiar with the word "NON-REFUNDABLE". It's a word they use in EVERY one of their emails to tell "victims" that their €900 is NON-REFUNDABLE. So, WHY exclude it from the initial "entrance"? What happened to the fair warning doctrine?
The principle that a matter NOT covered is NOT covered is so obvious that it feels (seems) ABSURD to recite it.

(2) Expressio unius est exclusio alterius. The expression of one thing implies the EXCLUSION of others.

(3) Verba cum effectu sunt accipienda. Words are to be taken as having effect. If possible, every word and every provision is to be given effect. None should be ignored. None should needlessly be given an interpretation that causes it to duplicate another provision or to have no consequence. "These words cannot be meaningless, else they would not have been used." United States v. Butler, 297 U.S. 1,65 (1936) (per Roberts, J.).

(4) The Doctrine of Contra Proferentem... Against the offeror; Against the Drafter: Contra proferentem is a Latin term that means "against the offeror". It is a rule of contract law that interprets ambiguous clauses or terms against the interests of the party who drafted or requested them. It is often applied to situations involving standardized contracts or unequal bargaining power, but can also be used in other cases. It can be invoked when a contract is challenged in court.

Contra proferentem is codified in the UK's Consumer Rights Act 2015, s 69.

Section 69 should be a familiar provision to English lawyers because contra proferentem is a general rule of construction in English law. According to this rule any ambiguity in a term must be resolved against the party who is relying upon it. In so far as section 69(1) provides that the consumer must be given the benefit of any doubt about the meaning of a written term, it would appear to be no more than a statutory form of the contra proferentem rule.
Ewan McKendrick, Contract Law Text, Cases, and Materials (10th ed 2022, Oxford University Press), page 461.

8.10 Notice finally that, although contra proferentem is a common law rule, an equivalent principle is embodied in s 69(1) of the CRA that ‘if a term in a consumer contract, or a consumer notice, could have different meanings, the meaning that is most favourable to the consumer is to prevail’ (see para 8.66).
Janet O'Sullivan, O'Sullivan & Hilliard's The Law of Contract (10th ed 2022 Oxford University Press), page 202, para. 8.10.

(5) Fair warning doctrine (in contract cases): In this particular case, the fair warning doctrine refers to the requirement that warnings are defined clearly with enough accuracy so as to enable a reasonable person to know what conduct is prohibited and what is allowed, and so that a reasonably skilled lawyer or "knowledgeable" expert can predict what conduct falls within the text's scope. The vagueness doctrine generally requires that words be precise enough to give fair warning to actors that contemplated conduct is outside the scope of the text, and to provide adequate standards to enforcement agencies, factfinders, and reviewing courts.

(6) Ad nauseam...

I'm sure by now you get my point. ;)

PS. As I mentioned before, if Bankera is an advertiser on OCT, I will NOT engage in anything that can harm their business. Their services, unlike taxes, aren't forced upon anyone, but they should take notice and add the word NON-REFUNDABLE to their site to avoid nasty, costly, and litigious court cases.

Reactions: Lincoln Burrows
@jafo I am impressed with your deep analysis of legal philosophy, but the reality is companies are informed that this fee indeed is just for application review and non-refundable. What I get in my case Application approved in other case Application rejected.
The money is paid for application review - both cases work is performed and takes human recourse. There is no point for EMI not to open accounts unless project is over risk appetite.

At least my company was informed via email that particularly this fee is "non-refundable". I will not share, but I have proof of it.

As of my understanding there are some people on this topic who got rejected. What they try to do to get a refund making defamation.

Reactions: ilke
gediminas is their agent , for sure some is sponsor as well , believe me this thread will cost to bankera much more i suggest everyone put a nice reviuw on trust pilot
I honestly feel bad for you! cry&¤

Just breathe. Think about it. Ponder on this....
Should you spend more of your hard-earned money going after "undesirables"? :rolleyes:
Wouldn't it be better to spend your money on better and more productive activities? ;)

I've been in your position with other things and in the end, it's NOT worth it. Bad people don't have an IQ high enough to realize they are bad and stupid. They will justify ANYTHING! stupi#21 Those who labor in the fields as arbiters of justice and truth ALSO do NOT have what is required to make such difficult decisions. There is one way to deal with them, but frankly, I don't think most people are cut out for this type of "solution" :oops:
Today, with the ubiquitousness of cameras and "witnesses for sale", I would advise AGAINST getting anywhere near a courtroom. Best to use your money and buy Bitcoin and watch it "grow" ;)

I'd rather buy fireworks and light them up than deal with anyone who encourages others to fight in a courtroom. Even the lottery is more "predictable" than courtrooms. :cool:

Happy Holidays! ange¤%&

The narrow legal issue here is the €900 and the words accompanying it. Juxtaposing the two images we get... The first image to the left is the original Bankera Premium info. The second image, the one to the right, is one Bankera could easily face in court with an accusation of lying by omission. Follow me here...

View attachment 5857

Their services, unlike taxes, aren't forced upon anyone, but they should take notice and add the word NON-REFUNDABLE to their site to avoid nasty, costly, and litigious court cases.
If you have a look at the title of the task, it is not an account opening. You do not pay 900 EUR for your account to be opened. You are paying 900 EUR for a service to be done, which is them looking at your application and making their own decision on whether your account should be opened. I am not any shill for Bankera and I don't exactly have the greatest experience with them, but I wouldn't say that they would lose a court case regarding this for the sole reason that it is generally known if you purchase a service and the service is completed, your funds are not refunded.

They completed their service with a decision that the application is, most likely, outside of their risk appetite and they do not want to onboard this client. It was the client's choice to pay 900 EUR for them to have a look at the company and make a decision. Even many high street banking monkeys have put such a setup in place.

As for Bankera's services, I am not a fan. But, I definitely wouldn't consider them corrupt nor as lawbreakers in Lithuania. Although I don't think their address is legit. I wanted to pay them a visit when in Vilnius for business a couple days back, and the building on Gedimino prospektas was a clothing store, not exactly representing a "prestigious EMI". Nothing against virtual addresses, but for such a big company? Doesn't create the best of impressions.

Anyways, don't have 900 Euros to spare for an application (mind you, the one for the most risky businesses available and therefore logically most likely the hardest to get approved), then don't apply to Bankera.

Although I don't think their address is legit. I wanted to pay them a visit when in Vilnius for business a couple days back, and the building on Gedimino prospektas was a clothing store, not exactly representing a "prestigious EMI". Nothing against virtual addresses, but for such a big company? Doesn't create the best of impressions.
Although Bankera is technically in Malta, I imagine you were looking for Pervesk's office. Their offices are on the second floor, above the cafe and shops on the street level. There is a door on the street where you enter to get up to the other floors. Just make an appointment in advance next time you're in town. Like most financial service providers, they don't take walk-ins.

Reactions: ilke
"one of the largest EMIs in the market" is headquartered at 5-3 Gedimino Prospekts, in Vilnius, Lithuania. Note the Ukrainian flag proudly displayed alongside their own rof/%

View attachment 5860

View attachment 5861
Oh, you have to go through the second door to Bankera. I was confused by the cafes and clothing shops, but Bankera is upstairs with the UA flags. That's why. Building is pretty nice though.

Is it EMI fault you don't read terms and conditions and fees description?
Cmon, Bankera's support always say things that aren't true to see if someone bites. For example one client asked them if the passport of small investors were required because otherwise it didn't make sense for them and Bankera said that only those with 10% or more were required... After he paid they started asking for the passport of all of them (even those with less than 5% of the company) and well most investors said it's a waste of time and that they couldn't care less so my client moved on to another option since the fee is meaningless