Our valued sponsor

What offshore bank's are available?

dany

Offshore Agent
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
We know about Barclays in the Seychelles, we know about International Bank in Belize and we know about the many banks in Cyprus not to speak the bank in St.Vincent.

Now, I wonder what other offshore banks are there available?

Panama, Mauritius and Hong Kong are not options, we know they most often require personal visit or lot's of paper work.

Mauritius banks do not require physical presence. Some Panamanian banks permit remote account opening, though you most likely need a local introducer. You can open an account in Hong Kong remotely if you use a local nominee director who visits the bank.

The paperwork banks in Mauritius and Hong Kong require is standard. Panama is a nightmare though. Many banks turn you down immediately if you do not have a Panamanian company.

Just to give you an idea, you can open bank account remotely in a lot of jurisdictions, such as Latvia, Switzerland, Isle of Man, Bahamas, Liechtenstein, Seychelles, and Dominica. Not all banks will accept you and some will require an introducer or other intermediary.

I have dealt either directly or indirectly with banks in several of those jurisdictions.

Caribbean banks are the fastest and easiest to open accounts with but the fees are high compares to most European, Mauritius, and Asian banks.

Zqq said:
Mauritius banks do not require physical presence. Some Panamanian banks permit remote account opening, though you most likely need a local introducer. You can open an account in Hong Kong remotely if you use a local nominee director who visits the bank.
The paperwork banks in Mauritius and Hong Kong require is standard. Panama is a nightmare though. Many banks turn you down immediately if you do not have a Panamanian company.

Just to give you an idea, you can open bank account remotely in a lot of jurisdictions, such as Latvia, Switzerland, Isle of Man, Bahamas, Liechtenstein, Seychelles, and Dominica. Not all banks will accept you and some will require an introducer or other intermediary.
which Mauritius banks don't require a physical presence?

i'm looking for a large and stable bank i can open remotely

/edit, apologies for the two posts, meant to add in to my other post, not make another one

locw said:
Do the bigger banks like hsbc, barclays, scotiabank open accounts without your presence?
Sometimes and in some jurisdictions. There is no easy way to answer this. It's better if you give them a call or drop them an email. Every bank in every jurisdiction has its own policies.

locw said:
which Mauritius banks don't require a physical presence?
All of them.

Thanks, i'll send off a couple of emails to hsbc and barclays in a couple of jurisdictions to see what they say.

Cool, so if on a mauritius bank site i can't find a link to opening an account online i should just send them an email? i kinda assumed if it was available on the site they didn't offer it. So would that include barclays in mauritius? can you advise on the largest/established (best) bank in mauritius aside from the big international ones.

many thanks :)

locw said:
Cool, so if on a mauritius bank site i can't find a link to opening an account online i should just send them an email? i kinda assumed if it was available on the site they didn't offer it. So would that include barclays in mauritius? can you advise on the largest/established (best) bank in mauritius aside from the big international ones.
Yes, just send them an email if there is no form online.

Mauritius Commercial Bank (MCB) is the oldest and biggest bank in Mauritius. State Bank of Mauritius is the second biggest.

You can find a list of all banks here: https://www.bom.mu/?id=60007

phohace can you please provide the list of bank.

By the Way, even though it is permissible for bank in Mauritius to open account without face to face meeting. MOST of the bank, as their internal policy require face to face meeting or an Introducer.

Larger banks require the Introducer to be regulated by the Financial Services Commission, smaller banks accepts unregulated introducer. MCB and SBM for sure wont accept account opening unless you are introduce by a Management Company.

Client said:
MCB and SBM for sure wont accept account opening unless you are introduce by a Management Company.
They certainly do open accounts directly; at least in some cases. Just because a bank tells you something doesn't mean they'll turn around and do the complete opposite for someone else. They take a risk-based approach and might have deemed you high-risk if they tell you to go via an intermediary.

Zqq said:
They certainly do open accounts directly; at least in some cases. Just because a bank tells you something doesn't mean they'll turn around and do the complete opposite for someone else. They take a risk-based approach and might have deemed you high-risk if they tell you to go via an intermediary.
You are right about the RBA used. But I can affirm that they will not accept any Company incorporated outside Mauritius (Well you can still try). They may accept the client directly if he holds a GBL 1 or GBL 2 Licence. Rating about the intermediary will depend on how they trust him.

It seems that you are knowledgeable about Mauritian Offshore.

Thanks zonez..Just wanted a confirmation. Infact with Afrasia, the bank require the introducer to be regulated with the FSC. Hence, this will lower your risk. I guess that you are using a GBL 2. Well, if you need any help with regards to Mauritian Banking and Management Company, please feel free to contact me.

Latest Threads