Our valued sponsor

A Cryptoexchange that accepts Transferwise transfers

enceladus

BANNED MEMBER
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
In another thread, someone had asked whether cryptoasset exchanges would accept wires to and from Transferwise accounts, and the consensus responses seemed to be that they would not because of compliance reasons. In fact, Gemini explicitly blocks such transfers.

However I thought it wouldn't mind asking around and I just got this reply from UK-based CEX.IO:

Please be informed, that as long as the account is your personal, you are able to use TransferWise finance institution for bank transfer payments.

I believe this is relevant information which opens a lot of doors to some people here.

Reactions: Andrew Gooden
Never found any issue in past with crypto exchanges accepting TW. I sent money from TW to MisterTango (aka btc-exchange.com) and to wirexapp and to Luno etc etc.

Reactions: Andrew Gooden
MisterTango is an EMI, not a classic crypto exchange, a

I have discussed this before on the forum. MT is a spinoff from btc-exchange. It was only created to facilitate payments for btc-exchange (classic crypto exchange).

In another thread, someone had asked whether cryptoasset exchanges would accept wires to and from Transferwise accounts, and the consensus responses seemed to be that they would not because of compliance reasons. In fact, Gemini explicitly blocks such transfers.

However I thought it wouldn't mind asking around and I just got this reply from UK-based CEX.IO:

Please be informed, that as long as the account is your personal, you are able to use TransferWise finance institution for bank transfer payments.

I believe this is relevant information which opens a lot of doors to some people here.
Great information! Thanks for starting this thread. Cheers!

Reactions: enceladus