Our valued sponsor

A silly question, or maybe not silly at all...(USA LLC)

Brokenby2703

Member Plus
Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
I haven't written here in a while... things were obviously going well.

I own a FTZ in RAK, UAE that I use for my legal business (direct, without passing through UAE).
Things are getting more complicated, but still simply manageable.

The biggest problem instead, for which I have to find an absolute solution, is with my customers in the EU.

Since the UAE are back in the black-list, my customers in Germany, Italy and the rest of the EU, are having big problems with their accountants with imports having as purchase invoices issued by the UAE. In practice, the fear is of a possible control by the local authorities as already happened in the past with their suppliers from Singapore and Malaysia, when these were in the Black Lists (early 2000). Accountants, which are eligible for responsibility as they sign the chartered account at closing of each fiscal years, are starting to refuse to accept invoices from UAE because they know that it may be marked up with extra profit or the owner of UAE company may be "related" to the client in EU.
The same things is happening with suppliers from China and Thailand. When the UAE want to remit the advance payment for any new purchase order, the supplier's bank need additional documents (UAE license copy, passport of directors, etc) to prove "no direct connection" between supplier and buyer.

When I suggested to them the idea of passing the goods via Cyprus, they bombarded me saying that from the beginning of 2020, the European community, with the introduction of more 'strict supervisory measures, for tax purposes' may request additional documentation relating to companies' operating in Cyprus and Malta.

The reason for my post is this.....
Why doesn't anyone think of the USA as an offshore company?
Between 2000 and 2005 I had a company in NEVADA that was trading. I was not obliged to pay taxes because I was operating outside the USA, I had an account with BANK OF AMERICA regular (opened after 9/11). I only closed it because with the 2009 world economy crise it was just an unnecessary cost. It was completely anonymous, there was no trace of my name. The managers were 2 foreign companies with nominee and the invoices were super well accepted by the accountants of my customers.

Can I ask why nobody recommends an LLC company in the USA?
Names of managers are not traceable anywhere (as in Wyoming, Delaware, New Hampshire or Arkansas).
I have already approached CITIBANK to have a company account and they confirmed that, as I have a personal CITIBANK bank account (Singapore) it may be easy to open it.
I have a good introducer as well.

PS: The situation between EU and UAE is deteriorating day by day. I am told by a close friend and director of a branch of a large Italian banking group that all transfers above EUR 10,000 for any type of beneficiary in the UAE must be "silently" communicated to the government inspector for further surprise checks on the issuer.
In practice, if BEFORE they used to tell you "be careful", NOW the banks are forced to shut up and spy informing the government which will probably proceed to further checks. That the transfer is genuine (for goods or services actually used) will be 'task of the Italian company / individual to prove it.

Complex points you make and I don't want to give a simplistic answer and at same time I don't want to give a exhaustive answer either. It is down to politics, influence and money ultimately.

Why doesn't anyone think of the USA as an offshore company?

They do but US is biggest economy in world. You better have a game plan before swinging wildly at them or they could crush your economy or even EU as a whole. Right now any rash action by EU could send German's economy into recession at the very least. Timing is not right to call them out although EU has threatened to blacklist US companies in past.

The situation between EU and UAE is deteriorating day by day.

Because UAE is slow to act while EU is busy preparing for the end game.

You heard it first from me but EU will also clamp down on people who claim to be resident in UAE because they have a visa but actually live in EU and spend no time in UAE. Things will get worse I think.

Complex points you make and I don't want to give a simplistic answer and at same time I don't want to give a exhaustive answer either. It is down to politics, influence and money ultimately.

They do but US is biggest economy in world. You better have a game plan before swinging wildly at them or they could crush your economy or even EU as a whole. Right now any rash action by EU could send German's economy into recession at the very least. Timing is not right to call them out although EU has threatened to blacklist US companies in past.

Because UAE is slow to act while EU is busy preparing for the end game.

You heard it first from me but EU will also clamp down on people who claim to be resident in UAE because they have a visa but actually live in EU and spend no time in UAE. Things will get worse I think.

Thanks for your reply, always nice to read you.

I decided to go ahead and set up a new LLC in USA with a US account.
The cost is worth it to try.
I will run it parallel maybe with just 1 client to see how is it going. Turnover with 1 client each quarter is enough to justify the hassles and cost.

I plan to shut down, later on, the FTZ in RAK because I feel, but this is just my feeling, that EU not able to get fast cooperation at origin (from UAE) they will pressure the importers having possibility to threat them, control them, etc.
I feel that price to pay for RAK is becoming worthless recently.
My VISA will expire on May 2020..... I will have time to Xmas to decide whether to extend or shutdown everything.
But again I'm sure UAE is gone as special protected area to have freezone.