Our valued sponsor

A simple, non-espensive offshore company for a freelancer

Not sure why I bother, also the guy has not specified that he is NOT physically present in the jurisdiction he wants to bill to in order to deliver his services.

Didn't quite understand what you mean by that you are not sure why you bother.

I have not heard about countries having a withholding tax on payments for services. And, even if I wouldn't think EU membership would matter in that case. Also the UK has many tax treaties.

So if you know of what countries impose a withholding tax for services then I would be interested to know. Thanks.

Didn't quite understand what you mean by that you are not sure why you bother.

I have not heard about countries having a withholding tax on payments for services. And, even if I wouldn't think EU membership would matter in that case. Also the UK has many tax treaties.

So if you know of what countries impose a withholding tax for services then I would be interested to know. Thanks.
OP rather rude, so I think he deserves to learn in the school of hard knocks.

As to your question it is actually answered in the link in each country box under "Service fees": Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, France, India, Israel, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine*, UK*, USA*, etc
* Special conditions.

Not to mention there are several other problems with OP's approach ...

Ok

Also

1) How about paper work for an UK LTD? Relatively easy? Or will need to hire someone?

2) All being equal, if a non-resident walks in into a bank in some random country, will a bank likely be willing to open an account for him if a) it's a personal account b) it's a biz one?

As to your question it is actually answered in the link in each country box under "Service fees": Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, France, India, Israel, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine*, UK*, USA*, etc
* Special conditions.

You came here for what purpose? to tell others how to behave properly? either give advice or go away

2) All being equal, if a non-resident walks in into a bank in some random country, will a bank likely be willing to open an account for him if a) it's a personal account b) it's a biz one?

I am by no means an expert on this topic but I can tell you that in Australia there are some banks who will not at all open an account for a foreign entity, and there are some that will happily open an account for an offshore company as long as you have the correct documentation (this includes certified copies of incorporation certificate and your own personal identification documents). The other key thing to opening an account as a non-resident business will be showing that you have a serious business plan and how you will achieve that plan (so they don't think you are simply trying to avoid tax elsewhere).

Check this link out and see the ID requirements for opening a business account with NAB as a foreign entity in Australia. It will be pretty similar in most countries.

Basically, the moral of the story is do some research on the bank first and then go in with a business plan ready to answer any questions they might have regarding the nature of your business.

I didn't mean where and how to open a biz bank account. I meant a different thing:

*in general* will the same bank in a random country be more inclined to open an account for 1) an individual or 2) for biz entity?

Individual being a non-resident. Biz entity being registered in other country

In my opinion, common sense says that a bank is more likely to open an account for a business entity simply because they will on average probably bring in more in terms of deposits and earn the bank more than some random traveler opening an account.

* Special conditions.

Thanks, and do you mean that these withholding taxes would not apply to EU companies?
I still think that withholding taxes on service fees are only in special situations. If a UK or Canadian company buys a consulting service, or a logo or design from a foreign company, then I don't think there is normally any withholding taxes on that.

After I've opened a company but before I've opened a bank account for it, in other country because I can't open an account in the UK, can I begin already to use a company?

Can my personal bank account be used, permorarily, with it?

Thanks, and do you mean that these withholding taxes would not apply to EU companies?
I still think that withholding taxes on service fees are only in special situations. If a UK or Canadian company buys a consulting service, or a logo or design from a foreign company, then I don't think there is normally any withholding taxes on that.
Canada:
Service fees
Withholding tax may apply to certain payments in respect of services rendered by a non-resident, particularly where the services are rendered in Canada, subject to reduction under an applicable income tax treaty.

UK
Service fees
Certain payments for construction services provided in the UK are subject to a form of withholding tax at either 30% or 20% unless the party providing the service is registered for gross payment.

From link provided earlier in thread.

Canada:
Service fees
Withholding tax may apply to certain payments in respect of services rendered by a non-resident, particularly where the services are rendered in Canada, subject to reduction under an applicable income tax treaty.

UK
Service fees
Certain payments for construction services provided in the UK are subject to a form of withholding tax at either 30% or 20% unless the party providing the service is registered for gross payment.

From link provided earlier in thread.
Yes, services done in Canada, that makes sense.
And UK construction services (provided in the UK). So in most cases for more common simpler services there are no withholding. UK certainly does not withhold tax on those kind of services bought from overseas.

Yes, services done in Canada, that makes sense.
And UK construction services (provided in the UK). So in most cases for more common simpler services there are no withholding. UK certainly does not withhold tax on those kind of services bought from overseas.
It requires that one live in the UK right?

After I've opened a company but before I've opened a bank account for it, in other country because I can't open an account in the UK, can I begin already to use a company?
You can setup an account with Transfer Wise for your UK company and just get started right a way doing business.

Latest Threads