Our valued sponsor

Accepting XMR on website, any risks?

As a big fan of XMR, I want to accept XMR on my website as the only payment method. My plan is to sell the earned XMR on Binance or Kraken using my European company account (which also operates the website), then to withdraw to Revolut (any other EMI ideas?).

Any potential problems for this setup? Would XMR deposits on Kraken be a risk factor, as it is a privacy coin with no visible history? My website offers a digital service which other competitors only offer with card payments. It offers free services as well, and it is easy to verify how it works.

I imagine it is not possible to prove that the orders are real and the burden of proof is on me. I can only provide invoices with transaction ID and IP address of the customers. Would I have good enough SoF for this to go through without unnecessary account freezes and suspicious transaction reports?

Last edited:
I have seen a few cases where banks have closed or have threatened to close accounts because a merchant openly accepts privacy coins on their websites. If you decide to do it anyway, don't show XMR anywhere on the website. In your cashier, have an option with a generic name like "Pay by crypto", and then redirect customers to another page where they can select crypto, including XMR. Unless you're under a targeted investigation, doing it that way usually goes undetected.

Reactions: jafo and johndunham