Our valued sponsor

Advice on UAE?

I'm going to Dubai on Thursday and Emirates confirmed that I need a PCR Test certificate 96 hours before I fly. I have also informed my client who will get one also.
If you book with Emirates you get free COVID cover giving you €100 a night quarantine cover and €150K medical expenses cover.

If you book with Emirates you get free COVID cover giving you €100 a night quarantine cover and €150K medical expenses cover.

150k would probably just about cover 1 night at the American Hospital in Dubai...lol :p

I'm going to Dubai on Thursday and Emirates confirmed that I need a PCR Test certificate 96 hours before I fly. I have also informed my client who will get one also.
They will do the test for you for free at the airport (there may be a long queue, but that's all) if you fly to Dubai. If you fly out of Dubai then yes, you need to provide ANY airline with a negative Coshit test no older than 96 hours. This is my own experience as of August of this year.

Emirates is a very good company, but with this fake plandemic they're showing their darkest side, and are amongst the most stupid ones when it comes to flight conditions (f**ing Air France beats them, though...). You should check with Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing | Dubai Tourism to see if the test is really needed.

I would definitely advise you to hire a business consultant in UAE before you start any business there. From residency to business management they will guide your way.

Not true at all. You may navigate the whole process without any 'agent' assistance and you'll be fine. Some agents are worse than crap, so it always pays off to get stuff done your way, you not only get knowledge of the country you're going to settle in, but you get the badly needed experience in dealing with authorities, etc. Dubai is far simpler than most countries at processing docs and information (but not bureaucracy, they can easily drown you in 'digital paperwork', too), and unless you're forced by regulations to hire a registered entity (eg, if you want to set up a Fund or Trust in ADGM or DMCC), you're better off on your own. Those $700 to $5,000 (and more) that those agents cost you may want to expense them on something more productive. Bear in mind that timelines are set by Dubai's authorities, not the agent, so what you'll be usually paying for is for the sake of flying papers around...which is fine for some people. Hope this helps.

NVO

and if necessary withdraw all money from the UAE business account every month to a private account in a good jurisdiction for money parking
What would be a good jurisdiction?

If he lives in UAE (with legit residency + tax residency) where may he move the money for instance from a TW (business) account?

What would be the nicest solution have some accounts with credit cards?

And if he would like to invest in cryptos which bank suits well to transfer fiat to exchanges like kraken? I heard a lot of banks refuse transfers to crypto exchanges.

There's a ATM in Dubai or Coinsfera where you have to bring USD / AED. Would he need a private UAE bank account? Just wondering how to save some fees on conversion.

If someone live in Europe but want to hide in the UAE (not physical but business only) would that work if you consider the tax office, creditors and lenders that become friends of me even so I didn't wanted them :(

Why not just switch to being a freelancer in UAE then no audit required or company structure and work from your own account.
VAT registration is headache for freelancer.

4. Am I allowed to register for VAT?
If you are making between AED 187,500 per year and AED 375,000 per year then you may register for VAT if you choose to. If you make more than AED 375,000 per year, you must register for VAT. For more information, please visit Value Added Tax (VAT) - The Official Portal of the UAE Government
If you don’t register, it’s always a good idea to keep good accounts just in case the policy changes in the future.

If someone has 0% rated sales due to all of his clients being outside UAE / GCC, then it is 5mins DIY job every 3 months.
that's a true fact...only gold-diggers and wannabes will tell you that VAT and accounting is complicated (regardless of your status, ie, freelancer, one-man band shop, DIFC freezone or mainland LLC partner)...WHEN your customers are outside the GCC area...they will be just preying on naivety, of course, so don't fall for that (c)trap

So after the UAE fever break out here at offshorecorptalk I would like to know, is that really the only place left on earth where offshore company and banking setup can take place if you worry about your privacy and want to reduce taxes?

Reactions: M4S
So after the UAE fever break out here at offshorecorptalk I would like to know, is that really the only place left on earth where offshore company and banking setup can take place if you worry about your privacy and want to reduce taxes?
Tend to agree.
Switzerland and Hong Kong might be a thing, but those are much much more expensive and the former is besides being very much documentation / paperwork heavy and slow while being costly af and the latter is closed right now and has an unclear situation at the moment for some nationalities due to the tricky geopolitical situation.
And also not all like to live in these places as they are quite peculiar in a lot of areas.

Personal safety in these places can also be an issue (being mugged or silently robbed) in certain areas and times. Certainly a minor concern and not like other western european let alone thridworld places, but it is not at Dubai level.

Maybe El Salvador will be an option soon? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads