Our valued sponsor

Airwallex U.S. Operational Presence LLC non-resident

ilDavid6311

Sep 16, 2021
Italy
Visit site
Hello, I am an EU citizen with a WY LLC doing business in EU. I'm trying to open an account with Airwallex, however, they're asking me some documents in order to show "US Presence". They're asking me 2/3 of these documents: 1) A U.S. federal tax return from one of the past two years confirming taxes have been filed (e.g. transcript) 2) Recent U.S. bank account statement in PDF format (from brick-and-mortar banks such as Wells Fargo or Bank of America 3) Contracts between your U.S. entity and established third-party U.S. businesses (e.g., logistics providers, contract manufacturers 4) Evidence of employee(s) based in the U.S. (e.g., full time employee contracts) 5) Service lease with coworking space

I have only "U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return" of the last year, however, with basically ZERO transactions because I didn't started working yet. Any advices? Someone encounter this problem while doing verification with them?

Hello, I am an EU citizen with a WY LLC doing business in EU. I'm trying to open an account with Airwallex, however, they're asking me some documents in order to show "US Presence". They're asking me 2/3 of these documents: 1) A U.S. federal tax return from one of the past two years confirming taxes have been filed (e.g. transcript) 2) Recent U.S. bank account statement in PDF format (from brick-and-mortar banks such as Wells Fargo or Bank of America 3) Contracts between your U.S. entity and established third-party U.S. businesses (e.g., logistics providers, contract manufacturers 4) Evidence of employee(s) based in the U.S. (e.g., full time employee contracts) 5) Service lease with coworking space

I have only "U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return" of the last year, however, with basically ZERO transactions because I didn't started working yet. Any advices? Someone encounter this problem while doing verification with them?
heard they are tricky.
It worked well for me tho and they did not ask anything like they did for you. However its open since some time, so in the meantime things have changed for sure.

For my company in the US (Florida), onboarding went without a hitch.
But I had heard from other partners that they have problems with Airwallex & they are not welcome there.
Since we are in the same industry, it seems to be more luck if they let you in or not.

Alternatives are many, but have high fees
Payoneer (cheapest)
Blackcatcard
Bankera
And some other EMIs from Lithuania should welcome you.