Our valued sponsor

Anonymous holding company for investments

TacitusKilgore

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I am fairly new to the forum but have been reading a LOT of posts on here.

I would like to discuss how to potentially go about setting up a holding company for shares that will invest in listed companies. I am interested in the Australian Stock Exchange but it’s not a dealbreaker. As an example, let’s say I want to hold shares in company ABC Co on the ASX. ABC Co pays fully-franked dividends which means that if my offshore company is not an Australian tax resident I don’t need to pay any tax on the amount I’m receiving as a dividend. In this scenario I guess something like a Singapore Pte Ltd company would be fine as the income is not actually derived from Singapore and if it’s going into a bank account outside of Singapore the government there will not care and won’t want to tax me.

Let’s take it a step further though. Let’s say I’m involved in this ABC Co on the ASX as a Director. Let’s say I already have shares in ABC Co held in my own name or a company in Australia but I want to increase my holding to more than is allowed of a public company in Australia (past 20%, etc). Setting up a Pte Ltd in Singapore does not give me the privacy necessary to ensure that I stay anonymous from anyone trying to find UBOs of shareholdings in ABC Co.

I have kind of figured out that I’m looking for:
Offshore company with very little to zero corporate tax (and on dividends RECEIVED)
Complete anonymity
A bank account and share brokerage account, which will be extremely difficult if I wish to remain completely anonymous

So, if you could explain in detail, how would you go about it?

Reactions: lavel
Let’s take it a step further though. Let’s say I’m involved in this ABC Co on the ASX as a Director. Let’s say I already have shares in ABC Co held in my own name or a company in Australia but I want to increase my holding to more than is allowed of a public company in Australia (past 20%, etc).

Are you crazy?

Don't be on here talking about securities fraud. If you want to know anything about securities fraud it is this.......NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

Reactions: Spinat and lavel
For the offshore company : buy a shelf company registered in Samoa, your name won't be public on registry of directors and on the Memorandum and Articles of association, which is always public.

I don't know broker for stock accepting a corporate account, mine in HK accept only personal accounts with KYC. You can trade with your corporate bank account, but for sure you will disclosure you as UBO. So, you have a problem.

Finally, if your aim is a Pump and Dump strategy on tiny or small caps in Australian stock exchange, this could you bring much trouble at the end of the day. Think about that.

Reactions: TacitusKilgore
if your aim is a Pump and Dump strategy on tiny or small caps in Australian stock exchange, this could you bring much trouble at the end of the day

Definitely noted - I have a fair amount of experience in small-cap ASX-listed companies and would personally definitely stay away from that.

Shelf company from Samoa sounds good, although just out of curiosity have you got any tips for registering a new Samoan company anonymously?

Many thanks for your reply!

please post a link or don't say you know a HK it look like you want people to contact you.

Would love to know who can help to setup a company in Samoa.
The link is this one AsiaBusiness - Company Formation Samoa Service Fee , I know them BUT to answer the question of TacitusKilgore : it's not possible to set up anonymously a Samoa with them without provide KYC.

That's why I did not put the link before, logical in my mind, no ?

Sorry, guys, but I'm a bit lost with rules of the forum : if you put a link quickly to answer somebody, people could accuse you to make hidden advertisements. And if you don't, people could accuse you to make hidden advertisement for you. Especially difficult to appreciate what to do when the link doesn't meet the requirements of the question.

Reactions: JohnLocke
@lavel I read many of your posts. You ask often links of agents used by members to set up, but I noted you don't share often links for agents you used for your many set up.
I have shared some links in the past. Problem is that all the agents I find are trash which is the reason for why I keep asking for some reliable services. There is so much s**t out there damn_(

Reactions: TacitusKilgore
Sorry, guys, but I'm a bit lost with rules of the forum : if you put a link quickly to answer somebody, people could accuse you to make hidden advertisements.
The slight difference is that if you put a link that is advertising your own service it is self promotion but if you put a link which is for a different service it's helpful to all of us, capiche smi(&%

Latest Threads