Our valued sponsor

Anyone created a Monese bank account without an EU/EEA passport?

buenosdias

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm a non-EU/EEA citizen and a resident. I really need to open a Monese bank account for its benefits. Also it's one of the easiest ways to acquire a UK bank account.

However, they only accept residents in EU/EEA area. I read in some places that you can get an account without being in EU/EEA using a mail forwarding address.

Have anyone created an account like that or in any other way?

Thanks in advance.

The same situation.

In FAQ, they write the next:

We are able to provide UK Business accounts to any authorised individual (e.g. Director) of a company registered with UK Companies House with a registration number.
You can apply even if you live outside of the UK as long as you are registered at Companies House.

I have downloaded app and started the process. But there first I need to open a personal account. For a personal account available only EU countries.

i'm also i'm in the middle of this process to open account but i feel it's not worth it because the cards limits are very low .
monese sound like good solution for non EU nationalities who can't open normal bank accounts , brilliant idea but their faq says we welcome EU residents ....notice they have video verification !Monese UK

Monese in general are very backward and behindhand.

Basically the only normal acceptable use case for them is something like "I'm a Polish guy working in UK and I send my monthly salary to Monese".
If you do anything slightly different or unusual, they will repeatedly annoy you with their KYC/compliance, repeatedly freeze your account or close it all together.

I'm not even talking about using it for anything beyond their very limited imagination (like crypto, trading, investing, transfers outside Europe...)

By the way, an source from within them told me they have an external department of hired people in an unnamed third world country who post fake positive reviews to Trustpilot.com, you can recognize the fake reviews easily (6000 from 7000 reviews on Trustpilot are their fakes)

"But mostly you need a clear and understandable business for this EMIs."

What do you mean by a clear and understandable business ?I am asking this because i am doing my due dilligence for now, but i pretend to open an offshore company + bank account, for consulting services (to mediate, gold physical transactions for example -my fee will be transfer to my offshore account- and other services envolving Angola Country-. In each service, i will only get a fee for my mediaton service).

"But mostly you need a clear and understandable business for this EMIs."

What do you mean by a clear and understandable business ?I am asking this because i am doing my due dilligence for now, but i pretend to open an offshore company + bank account, for consulting services (to mediate, gold physical transactions for example -my fee will be transfer to my offshore account- and other services envolving Angola Country-. In each service, i will only get a fee for my mediaton service).

It mean that this business must be legit in country of origin of this EMI and they should be able to verify your actual work results (not a fake ones) have a contract or invoices with real clients, you can proof how clients could found you(via company site, etc) and other things that showed business is real.

Latest Threads