Our valued sponsor

Bank account in Jersey

Are you satisfied with them?
The biggest drawback is that they don't do SEPA payments now.
This is despite:
-Their online documentation still including SEPA payments in the fee list.
-Isle of Man being added to the SEPA list along with Jersey and Guernsey in 2016 (and I don't see any evidence that IoM has been removed from the list since Brexit)
When I asked Santander support about this, they just say "We don't do SEPA." They didn't explain further.

So every EUR transfer to Europe costs 23 Euros and takes up to 5 business days.

Reactions: ilke and JohnLocke
Strange that a bank like Santander are unable to do SEPA transfers in Jersey, wonder what regulations stops them from doing that.

Not going into details, but from personal experience Santander is probably the worst bank in the UK.
Feel free to go into details.

I'll share mine, although not much experiance:
Their Jersey branch have opened my account few months ago and wait me to fund 75,000 GBP. I'm still not sure if I want to do it since their online/mobile banking looks like their were built 70 years ago.
They have sent me debit card with 2 years expiry that cannot be connected to apple wallet.
There's no RM only hotline if support is needed.

It took them 6 weeks to approve the account and lots of documentation, then they ask clients to maintain 75,000 GBP at all times. I expected more and first impression isn't great.

It took them 6 weeks to approve the account and lots of documentation, then they ask clients to maintain 75,000 GBP at all times. I expected more and first impression isn't great.
did you do it already ?

Latest Threads