Our valued sponsor

Bank account in Jersey

Yes I did so online with Barclays in Jersey for personal account years ago. I have opened trust accounts and related business account with RBS there but never a straight operational business account.

Lots of banks to choose from there but doubt in 2020 you get anywhere with a business account if you don't have operation on the island. However others may have had success im sure.

Yes I did so online with Barclays in Jersey for personal account years ago. I have opened trust accounts and related business account with RBS there but never a straight operational business account.
[...]
For the personal account do you get to choose the the jurisdiction at some point of the online account opening? It is not clear from the application form. How is your experience with them? Also which of their jurisdiction would be best? Jersey vs Guernsey vs IOM - does it really matter?

For the personal account do you get to choose the the jurisdiction at some point of the online account opening?

Yes

How is your experience with them?

No complaints but I just have a euro reserve account and have done no outbound transactions to third parties yet. Beware they are upselling kings and masters of useless newsletters.

Also which of their jurisdiction would be best? Jersey vs Guernsey vs IOM - does it really matter?

Doesn't really matter.I went with Jersey office as there is like half a dozen international banks within a couple of 100 meters of each other in case anything goes wrong and I need to visit and change banks.

Yes

No complaints but I just have a euro reserve account and have done no outbound transactions to third parties yet. Beware they are upselling kings and masters of useless newsletters.

Doesn't really matter.I went with Jersey office as there is like half a dozen international banks within a couple of 100 meters of each other in case anything goes wrong and I need to visit and change banks.

Thanks. Do you remember if joint account is possible for online opening during the application form?

On the other hand Barclays London requires GBP 5 million, so GBP 25.000 required by Barclays Jersey is much more attractive. I wonder where such differences are coming from and how stable Barclays Jersey is compared to its London HQ.

Thanks. Do you remember if joint account is possible for online opening during the application form?

Don't think so....but can't remember to be honest.

On the other hand Barclays London requires GBP 5 million, so GBP 25.000 required by Barclays Jersey is much more attractive. I wonder where such differences are coming from and how stable Barclays Jersey is compared to its London HQ.

Barclays International in UK required £25,000. Barclays Private Bank in Monaco or Switzerland requires at least £5m.

I would avoid putting money in UK. The idea of inheritance tax and its complexities as a non-UK resident isn't worth risking. Plus withholding tax on interest etc etc. Jersey has no inheritance tax and if you are opening a joint account this maybe important.

Hi Guys
anybody with experience opening bank acount in Jersey (offshore UK) ?
Feedback + comments will appreciated especially for business account.
Thanks
Brokenby2703
Opened Santander - Isle of Man personal acct. 75K GBP minimum. EUR, USD and GBP accts avail. Have to send notarized pic of passport and show source of funds - proof of wealth and proof of income. Download application and mail it in. Pretty intensive in terms of documentation. Took me 6 weeks to set up.

Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads