Our valued sponsor

Bank account with Starling bank

Monzo has worked well for me so far. Feature wise it seems to be very similar to Starling Bank. However, with Starling I see there's an option to have a Euro account.

Like Starling Bank, Monzo also has a full UK bank license.

There are no account fees with Monzo or Starling Bank.

Reactions: gladiator1357
Been using Starling Bank for about a year now - both business and personal - works a treat.
They do require you to make a video and send with them etc.
I got approved in about 30 mins and card sent out within a few days
For business account - it was for a UK company - so that was very straight forward
Are you a non-uk resident too ?
I'm asking this because they mentioned in their website that you have to be uk resident.
What are the papers they asked you to submit ?
Thank you

According to this page on Starling's site, they might require a proof of address. However, I'm not sure what would trigger the address proof requirement. Perhaps they check your name, DOB, and address against credit bureaus or the electoral register to see if there's a match.

I was not required to show any proof with Monzo, I think they're more flexible than Starling Bank in that regard.

I am a UK resident (since November 2020) with a UK LTD trying to open a UK bank account is impossible! I need to accept and make international payments (USD), so i can't use institutions that don't give dedicated business IBAN.

I am being rejected by everyone! What gives? Personal, is good, business account, turned down. I have an address, BRP card, passport, utility bill, the works! They are all rejecting to open a business account for my company.

I am a UK resident (since November 2020) with a UK LTD trying to open a UK bank account is impossible! I need to accept and make international payments (USD), so i can't use institutions that don't give dedicated business IBAN.

I am being rejected by everyone! What gives? Personal, is good, business account, turned down. I have an address, BRP card, passport, utility bill, the works! They are all rejecting to open a business account for my company.
If you are in good standing with your personal bank (e.g., NatWest), then they should be helpful in opening a business account as long as the business is legit and explained well. Most sole proprietors I have known in the UK got rejected by many for a business account except their own personal bank.

Latest Threads