Our valued sponsor

Bank in Cyprus Advice please

Yara Dager

Member Plus
Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I am interested in opening a bank account in Cyprus and I am thinking of going for a personal account instead of Business/Corporate account... I would like some feedback or advice please.

1. Purpose of the account:

I have an LLC in USA and I get royalties from Amazon. This is the pure source of income.. nothing else.
One of Amazon services pays only by check (since i do not have US bank account) and I want to use the bank account in Cyprus to deposit the checks on monthly basis. The amount is about $2500 every month.

2. Questions:

a. Do you think there will be an issue because it is an online business?
b. The checks come in my name, not in the name of the LLC... will the bank have a problem if the checks are coming from USA?
c. Do you think they wont like the $2500 amount (too little..) for them to open an account for me just for this?

Thanks

Did they pre approved your application already?

Reactions: Yara Dager
Almost.. they will give me final answer during the next week... but the lady over the phone was about to say: Just pass by Limasol Branch next week :)

No introducer so far as I am going to visit them physically
Great.. wonder how it's possible to do without introducer, in the past it was impossible by several attempts.

To be honest, more happy to see the new version of Cyprus after 14 years! Last time I was there, the Cyprus pound was 2.2 USD!
Much has changed ever then....

Yeah. It is stated on the website they need an introducer..but it seems if you go in person, and a personal account, they may put that into a standby mode
Thanks for keeping us informed about that :)

Following... Interested in opening an AstroBank account myself... How did it go? I don't see much on the AstroBank website about needing an introducer... Or how to start the application process... Just need a cheap IBAN... Damn FX Broker jammed me up. Says they will allow debit / credit card withdraws on the broker website... I start the process to verify the account and boom, wires only and what is your banking info... BS I tells ya! damn_(

Reactions: negon
Following... Interested in opening an AstroBank account myself... How did it go? I don't see much on the AstroBank website about needing an introducer... Or how to start the application process... Just need a cheap IBAN... Damn FX Broker jammed me up. Says they will allow debit / credit card withdraws on the broker website... I start the process to verify the account and boom, wires only and what is your banking info... BS I tells ya! damn_(
Sad to hear I was in the perception that you already found a good banking solution to receive money from your business?

Latest Threads