Our valued sponsor

Bank transfer through reference bank "on hold" since 2 weeks - any experiences?

Sadly this is legally acceptable. It is what the sending bank and receiving bank signed up to in order to have a correspondence banking relationship with the reference bank :confused:. Plus Dubai is a grey listed country.
Exactly. Just to add, if you want to learn more, keywords are: MCMAATM (The Multilateral Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters), FATF (The Financial Action Task Force) and consequently AML/CFT regime (anti-money laundering and combating of terrorism financing regime).
These measures, in fact, give the banks right to do practically anything (OK, perhaps except openly to steal your money).

Hopefully it all gets solved.
+1
This is really bad and now I am afraid of giving european customers again this bank details for payments.
Fully understandable :(
Hope this was a exzeption and not all transfers to my Dubai company in Euro will blocked now
Well, as claimed above, it is (IMO) almost surely related to the customer or to the customer's bank. As the customer's nature of business seems relatively innocent and the substance of transaction is really clear, perhaps with different banks in action it should not appear. BTW, could you disclose the names of the banks (customer's bank and correspondence bank)?

Reactions: Martin Everson
Hope this was a exzeption and not all transfers to my Dubai company in Euro will blocked now

No idea but when you read articles like the below. Who knows what EU maybe thinking.

Reactions: misterta
Short Update.
My Customer was Last week thuesday in his Bank and canceled the Transfer. Until now he hasnt back his Money. 1 week now and nothing comes. This is a so Crazy and Bad Situation What the reference Bank do here!

Thanks for update.

Well money is not lost. You know where it is at least. Reference bank may have thousands of similiar transactions to manually handle before they get to yours.

Reactions: misterta
Yes thats true but I have lost this customer forever. It is a really bad situation only because of this reference bank in Brussel.

I am also afraid of giving this Bank details other customer but I must taste it. When next transfer also hold by referencebank then I can not use anymore…

Reference bank may have thousands of similiar transactions to manually handle before they get to yours.
May be, of course. Although honestly I would rather suspect them that they are still performing some investigation, because they feel obliged to do it, regardless of the fact that the transaction is cancelled. But this idea is really worth 2 cents :) (Frankly, I am really curious what a bank it is. But I understand well that @misterta does not want to disclose this detail.)
Yes thats true but I have lost this customer forever.
:( :( My sympathies are with you. Unfortunately, I can imagine that this is the consequence, regardless of fact that you are innocent. :(
I am also afraid of giving this Bank details other customer but I must taste it.
Yes. Good luck. (Or you can change the bank, or currency.)

That is not so crazy for the correspondence bank to be in Belgium if your customer sent you Euro. In fact it is how this works. There is no actual money being sent around and there are no "flying cash envelopes". It is just a credit / debit entry in several databases by licensed banks of the currency in question.
So for Euro in EU, for gbp in UK and for USD in new york. Even if you send US$ from Indonesia to Philippines, it clears thru NY.

What currency did he use? My bet would be euro (the eu should be happy however someone uses that garbauge voluntarily).

Next time use Bitcoin.
All EURO transactions route through the ECB (Belgium)
All $ transactions route through SDNY (New York)
All CHF transactions (International) route through SDNY (New York)

Most other currencies route through their respective central banks then SDNY as the $ is the medium of exchange (or EuroDollar) in the process of transactions, except for EURO.

China likewise has it's own payment rails that have been adopted in Asia/Africa.

That's why you see so many indictments from the US due to the touch points the transactions have with the US.

Reactions: Alexmorgan and ilke

Latest Threads