Our valued sponsor

Bankera has gone totally crazy

I´m a non EEA resident and opened a fully verified personal account at Bankera back in 2021. Since then (almost 3 years) I only moved LESS THAN 3 EUROS (I just have the account as a buffer between non-crypto friendly banks and exchanges and as I don't do too much crypto I never have to really used it). The 2 transactions (again, LESS THAN 3 EUROS) were made from/to my OWN accounts in Europe (never sent or received from any crypto exchange)
At the end of December they sent me an e-mail requesting to re-verify the account. That's ok with me and I started the process and completed the KYC forms again. Since then the nightmare begun, they keep requesting REALLY SENSITIVE AND INTRUSIVE information about me. I have nothing to hide and diligently provided 2023 tax returns, utility bills, bank statements (both in Europe and in my home country), crypto addresses, etc. But THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH for them. Now they are asking licenses, more bank statements, investment receipts, invoices, contracts, and an endless list of documents just like if I were (or had) to move TENS OF THOUSANDS of euros in the account. I repeat for the third time because this is unbelievable: I only moved 3 EUROS in 3 YEARS with them and FROM/TO MY OWN ACCOUNTS. In the KYC forms I only stated that my maximum planned operation with the account could be between 3000 and 5000 Euros (and not every month but perhaps once or twice A YEAR).
Bankera approach is clearly not rational
@Gediminas
have you sorted it out with them ?

have you sorted it out with them ?
No, it was absolutely impossible. Despite I sent them European and domesting bank statements of my accounts, tax returns, etc they were insatiable. They kept requesting more and more documents (contracts, licenses, investments certificates, details about crypto wallets, etc, etc) and I won't do that for a Lithuanian EMI who which I'll only transact less than €10K per year.
I abandoned the process and I think (not sure) they put me in Level 2 status that only allows €1000 per year turnout in the account. (Which is abandoned too)

• Wow
Reactions: jafo and kilor
is this a normal business trading with cryptos or requires license ?
I don't have any crypto business nor anything related. It's just a personal account. I guess they are requiring my wallet addresses because during the KYC process I stated I might use the account to deposit <€5000 per year coming from crypto exchanges.

I try to understand this. why don't you just give them a wallet address ?

I try to understand this. why don't you just give them a wallet address ?

I wish it was just the wallet address but no, as you can see in my first message of this thread, they required piles of documents and sensitive information.
I did provide lots of documents but for them it was never enough.
It is worth noting (once again) that the account have had a €3 turnout in all its history. That huge amount () was even transferred from an account in my name (no exchanges and no third parties involved)
I´m a non EEA resident and opened a fully verified personal account at Bankera back in 2021. Since then (almost 3 years) I only moved LESS THAN 3 EUROS (I just have the account as a buffer between non-crypto friendly banks and exchanges and as I don't do too much crypto I never have to really used it). The 2 transactions (again, LESS THAN 3 EUROS) were made from/to my OWN accounts in Europe (never sent or received from any crypto exchange)
At the end of December they sent me an e-mail requesting to re-verify the account. That's ok with me and I started the process and completed the KYC forms again. Since then the nightmare begun, they keep requesting REALLY SENSITIVE AND INTRUSIVE information about me. I have nothing to hide and diligently provided 2023 tax returns, utility bills, bank statements (both in Europe and in my home country), crypto addresses, etc. But THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH for them. Now they are asking licenses, more bank statements, investment receipts, invoices, contracts, and an endless list of documents just like if I were (or had) to move TENS OF THOUSANDS of euros in the account. I repeat for the third time because this is unbelievable: I only moved 3 EUROS in 3 YEARS with them and FROM/TO MY OWN ACCOUNTS. In the KYC forms I only stated that my maximum planned operation with the account could be between 3000 and 5000 Euros (and not every month but perhaps once or twice A YEAR).
Bankera approach is clearly not rational
@Gediminas

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jafo and kilor
I'm chocked like you must be. What are you doing now, give up on them and go with other alternatives like Intergiro, Currenxies ?
Yes, exactly. I gave up with Bankera and I'm quietly looking for alternatives (that accept non-EEA residents). I have no rush.
No, it was absolutely impossible. Despite I sent them European and domesting bank statements of my accounts, tax returns, etc they were insatiable. They kept requesting more and more documents (contracts, licenses, investments certificates, details about crypto wallets, etc, etc) and I won't do that for a Lithuanian EMI who which I'll only transact less than €10K per year.
I abandoned the process and I think (not sure) they put me in Level 2 status that only allows €1000 per year turnout in the account. (Which is abandoned too)

Oh, yes I did.
I mentioned his @ several times here since my first post of this thread weeks ago. He never said a word :(
Oh, that is very unusual behaviour, maybe there is something serious wrong with Bankera :eek:

Reactions: mrau
I mentioned it here before: Bankera has gone totally crazy

I may sound crazy, but my methods have been battlefield-tested! Do NOT bow to anyone!

Get TOXIC people *and* TOXIC companies OUT OF YOUR LIFE *and* do it FAST!

Reactions: JackAlabama
business as usual, all good.
It would be interesting to know your definition of "usual"...
I hope it's not 'usual' than Bankera harass all the customers with a total historic turnout of 3€ (like me) with requests to submit almost their last 10 years medical records. I think that was the only thing they had left to request.
THREE EUROS. THREE EUROS
Perhaps they thought I'm Warren Buffet when they saw such impressive amount coming from an account of my own....

all the customers

Do you have a proofs that bankera harass exactly all the customers?
You are starting this thread and spend a lot of time in it, with some few other people who are even not customers of bankera but their trolls nature allow them to spread unproven ideas, just because they like it.
It's a *far from* all customers.

I'm personally use bankera few years in a row and they are fine for me. Compliance absolutely adequate in terms of crypto funds, their services works well.

Do you have a proofs that bankera harass exactly all the customers?
You are starting this thread and spend a lot of time in it, with some few other people who are even not customers of bankera but their trolls nature allow them to spread unproven ideas, just because they like it.
It's a *far from* all customers.

I'm personally use bankera few years in a row and they are fine for me. Compliance absolutely adequate in terms of crypto funds, their services works well.
You are trying to give me a lecture and didn't even read what I wrote or you are purposefully twisting my words.

My exact sentence was: "I hope it's not usual than Bankera harass all the customers"

I NEVER said that bankera HARASSES ALL THE CUSTOMERS.

I'm very glad you are amongst the luckiest ones. Great for you! thu&¤#thu&¤#

Reactions: jafo