Our valued sponsor

Bankera weird account verification

Lower

Apr 1, 2021
India
Visit site
I was trying to have a personal account with Bankera Level 2.
Already submitted ID, address proof, Business activity ( Our website - web/ tool development and designer )
and now they are asking:

Due to our company policy we must also kindly ask you to provide us a document that would factually substantiate your clean criminal record, for example a clearance letter, vulnerable sector check, etc.

I have no idea what is this or what to submit them ? Not even big bank ask such documents and Bankera is an EMI, rite
Is it require to open account with them, Anybody else also submit such doc ?

lmk pls.

Already submitted ID, address proof, Business activity ( Our website - web/ tool development and designer )
and now they are asking:

I have no idea what is this or what to submit them ? Not even big bank ask such documents and Bankera is an EMI, rite

lmk pls.
Lol, that kyc snap is getting funnier by the day.
No I had not have banks asking that kind of bs (as of yet), but to be honest it does not surprise me. Although I had it mentioned by a bank in Mauritius which I did not pursue further (and rightfully so in hindsight).

Just compare opening accounts now with a measily 5 years ago. It is day and night.

Well, had this years back with a Cyprus bank but other never seen this before.

I'm surprised that Bankera who is not a licensed bank is asking for such, it could be because the underlaying bank my ask for it.

and now they are asking:

lmk pls.

Hey,

It's hard to tell based on the information you provided, but I presume you might have been flagged and got a hit with World Check or similar.

Reactions: jafo
I wonder if they're perhaps more selective toward certain nationalities?
This could be a reason.
It's possible that someone with the same name as yours is on some blacklist. You can go to Police and get your criminal record on paper to send them.
wym by that, So they only check name..Not other details like address/ DOB...
Hey,

It's hard to tell based on the information you provided, but I presume you might have been flagged and got a hit with World Check or similar.
lol, I am just a web developer.

Level 1 suppose to be just ID verification but they asked me ID+address+utility bill+bank statement+business activity. ( level 1 EUR 1000 per year )
Now on-site level 1 shows completed but nowhere allow me to check system ( that "New payment" ) is still disable.
level 2 asking BS ( level 2 monthly EUR 1000 limit )

But yes i am from third world country and this seems to be selective toward certain nationalities.

Some bank request some weird stuff...

got a request from paysera for a digitally verified shareholder certificate from a certain authority... that "authority" is not an authority at all, is a paid membership chamber that doesn't even provide the service for certifying shareholder certificate...
Something that doesnt exist at all in the country I'm residing.. moreover they don't even know what register is the official one in my country and they requested something that no company is able to provide at all...

This is the result of paying €400 for an application for a UK company. The process lasted just a few days:

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. After careful review of the information provided, we regret to inform you that we will be unable to proceed with the account opening for your company due to our internal compliance policies.

I am an Italian National and resident, pay taxes in Italy, clean criminal background.

This is the result of paying €400 for an application for a UK company. The process lasted just a few days:

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. After careful review of the information provided, we regret to inform you that we will be unable to proceed with the account opening for your company due to our internal compliance policies.

I am an Italian National and resident, pay taxes in Italy, clean criminal background.
Thanks for sharing such information.
Did you had success somewhere else?

I found approval process fees nonsensical, I have no problem paying after the fact fees but having to pay fees upfront makes non sense especially for something a regulation asks for for all banks... KYC is highly automated (and very dumb as such), not rocket sciences and involves basically a "couple of mails" involvement from the bank operator... this whole charade about paying non reimbursed verification fees seems like a scam even more as these companies are not required to explain why they refused you....

I found approval process fees nonsensical, I have no problem paying after the fact fees but having to pay fees upfront makes non sense especially for something a regulation asks for for all banks... KYC is highly automated (and very dumb as such), not rocket sciences and involves basically a "couple of mails" involvement from the bank operator... this whole charade about paying non reimbursed verification fees seems like a scam even more as these companies are not required to explain why they refused you....
As a private person client I believe you can potentially dispute the fee with the consumers protection board and get reimbursed if that fee was unlawful since you did not receive the service. Or you can threaten them to do that unless they reconsider opening an account for you and explaining what kind of "substance" they need, since dealing with the consumers protection board also burns money for them and in some cases it would also mean they need to cover some state fees.

That is if you enjoy such past time activities :)

Reactions: Zikki and JohnnyDoe
As a private person client I believe you can potentially dispute the fee with the consumers protection board and get reimbursed if that fee was unlawful since you did not receive the service. Or you can threaten them to do that unless they reconsider opening an account for you and explaining what kind of "substance" they need, since dealing with the consumers protection board also burns money for them and in some cases it would also mean they need to cover some state fees.

That is if you enjoy such past time activities :)
400€ is a smart amount to ask because it is lower than any lawyer’s bill. A classic advance fee fraud scheme.

450 Eur actually…

Last edited:

Hey,

I spoke with them regarding your case. As far as I understood, there was a problem with your biography (criminal background). I will look into it tomorrow and give you more details after that.

Reactions: wellington

Latest Threads