Our valued sponsor

Banks that accepts Hong Kong company without the need to travel?

libicap

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

We are an e-Commerce company and are looking for banks that accepts Hong Kong companies without the need to travel. We don't mind travelling but due to current situation it's best to find another solution. We are looking for proper brick and mortar bank, not EMIs.

We are open to all countries possible.

Not sure if this has been asked in other thread, if yes, please direct me!

Thank you all!

Reactions: bizman
You may do a Google search on Offshorecorptalk, we have a dozen threads about this here already, anyway, beside NEAT there may be new solutions which one or the other may post here, so this new thread may be a good idea.

Traditional banks are hard to open remotely. I have 3 applications in Singapore still pending. He is a new contact from a very good friend of mine. He charges 10K and will guarantee the account. Will update if I have any joy.

Reactions: libicap
I'm in the same situation, there are very few options you can try with Cimbanque in Switzerland ( ihad been rejected) very expensive, and Europacific in Puerto Rico, if you have more than 1.000.000 you can find different option in Switzerland and Luxemburg.

Reactions: libicap
I'm in the same situation, there are very few options you can try with Cimbanque in Switzerland ( ihad been rejected) very expensive, and Europacific in Puerto Rico, if you have more than 1.000.000 you can find different option in Switzerland and Luxemburg.
When you are opening an account with a million plus just call any bank in Jersey, Isle of Man and Gibraltar. Instant account opening

Banking in Hong Kong from 2015 to 2019 was quite hard (specially after the big HSBC fine) but now things are a lot more relaxed specially with banks needing to deal with the travel ban to Hong Kong. If you have already a good banking relationship elsewhere with HSBC, Standard Chartered or Citibank you can ask to open a bank account without traveling.

Bellow is a list of remote bank services in HK. I don't have accounts with those because I have regular bank accounts in Hong Kong, but I helped some friends to deal with them.

Neat.hk - Try to stay away, bad support, closes your account without reason, high fees.
Currenxie - Takes some time to open, they ask to whitelist any inbound transfer, if you follow this rule you won't have any problem.
Statrys - No experience, but looks great and reasonable fees.

Reactions: holywater and Bruno
if you have more than 1.000.000 you can find different option in Switzerland and Luxemburg.
If that is the case you wan to travel to the country of your choice and visit the bank in person, maybe even have a local lawyer with you or someone from a well recognized tax consulting firm.

Sweet! We have an account with CIM Banque but with our Estonian entity. We will ask our account manager about setting up one account with our HK entity! :)

Thanks!

Banking in Hong Kong from 2015 to 2019 was quite hard (specially after the big HSBC fine) but now things are a lot more relaxed specially with banks needing to deal with the travel ban to Hong Kong. If you have already a good banking relationship elsewhere with HSBC, Standard Chartered or Citibank you can ask to open a bank account without traveling.

Bellow is a list of remote bank services in HK. I don't have accounts with those because I have regular bank accounts in Hong Kong, but I helped some friends to deal with them.

Neat.hk - Try to stay away, bad support, closes your account without reason, high fees.
Currenxie - Takes some time to open, they ask to whitelist any inbound transfer, if you follow this rule you won't have any problem.
Statrys - No experience, but looks great and reasonable fees.

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like Statrys is popular these days, I haven't tried them, am going to look into it and will update if there's any lead!

Are you using Standard Chartered Bank in Hong Kong? I tried to approach them and basically there's no reply, and I assume that travel is needed for SC Bank? Would you mind to share how did you approach them?

Thanks! :D

As I know HongKong banks have remote application. However banker still prefer face to face interview.
Application can be remotely, when they have the green light is when they ask you to come in person.

Hello,

We are an e-Commerce company and are looking for banks that accepts Hong Kong companies without the need to travel. We don't mind travelling but due to current situation it's best to find another solution. We are looking for proper brick and mortar bank, not EMIs.

We are open to all countries possible.

Not sure if this has been asked in other thread, if yes, please direct me!

Thank you all!
If the company's directors are not in Hong Kong, opening a bank account is not viable. But opening your account in Singapore banks could be the best and most feasible option as they enable remote opening. Singapore banks allow Hong Kong and BVI firms to open traditional bank accounts. UOB, OCBC, and RHB are some of the leading banks there, and they are quite popular nowadays as alternatives of Hong Kong banks. It is also possible to open a DBS bank account, although they require local substance in Singapore, such as a local office, local employees, and so on. It's suggested to get a professional agent to help your application and facilitate the whole process - try to avoid wasting time and money due to a lack of skills and network in that country.

Meanwhile, opening a FinTech account is the most efficient rapid solution for your business to start worldwide transactions, given the nature of your business. Airwallex and Currenxie are fantastic choices because they support a vast number of currencies, don't require a prefix, don't charge monthly fees, and provide excellent customer service. Aside from that, FinTechs in Hong Kong are legally protected because their custodian partners are licensed and regulated banks. Hope the information helps. Feel free to text me if you have more queries. :)

But opening your account in Singapore banks could be the best and most feasible option as they enable remote opening.
what' the requirements, capital, deposit and paperwork, do you know that?

Latest Threads