Our valued sponsor

Barclays in the Seychelles just rised the minimum balance,need new offshore bank!!

ebaywins09

Offshore Agent
Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I just got informed that Barclays in the Seychelles rised the minum balance for corporate bank accounts to USD 100,000 and personal accounts to USD 50,000 this is much more than what I have in my account on a annual basis :( Can anyone please suggest a new offshore bank which don't have these insane minum deposit amounts?

Here is what I got from Barclays Bank in the Seychelles:

Dear Esteemed Customer

Barclays Bank (Seychelles) Ltd a member of the Barclays Group has been pioneering in providing world class service to all our customers including those in the offshore sector. We continously strive to find ways to bring world class banking facilities to our customers.

As part of our continuous endeavour to improve customer service, we are introducing new minimum balance tresholds. These tresholds are being introduced to strengthen the personalised services we provide to you. Account non maintenance fees will also be revised.

The new minimum balance are as indicated below:

Personal Offshore accounts: USD 50,000 or equivalent

Corporate Offshore accounts: USD 100,000 or equivalent

For existing customers, these will be applicable from 01st October 2011 while for new customers; it is applicable with immediate effect,

Accordingly, with effect from 01st October 2011, a minimum balance debit fee of USD 100/ - per month will be charged on any accounts which fall below the minimum balance requirement.

In addition to the changes mentioned above, we are also reducing the time required to fund new accounts from 8 weeks to 4 weeks. We will be comelled to close any new account which remains unfundet at the end of the 4 week period from the date of opening.

We thank you for your understanding and continued support and we remain at your disposal for any support or clarification that you may require.

I have been forced to rewrite the letter I got since I can't copy/paste it therefore any typos goes on me :)

So since CCLOGIC have been so polity and help me to open the account with Barclays in the Seychelles and with some Cyprus banks but at the moment don't support other countries then please tell me which bank I can open a offshore bank account with that offers similar facilities as Barclays in the seychelles but without the minimum requirement :hello: Also I know that CCLOGIC is looking to soon to introduce new offshore jurisdictions then I'm in urgent need to find a solution now so please help :)

Yeah it is indeed a pity for some while for others it actually doesn't matters. The problem is always the same it is the small unknown and silly behaviour guy that makes it difficult for the good guys to maintain real good solutions. What I mean is that with so many con's out there that don't maintain any minimum balance at all at their account but just have the account because it is prestige full or for what reason ever, then it makes no sense for Barclays in the Seychelles to keep such account's, also there is too much work involved in the account opening process for each client, and if the client don't bring any money at the end of the day it has been work for nothing!

Does someone has any idea on how to get a bank account with Barclays in the UK?

Further more to this question I would like to know if there is any offshore branch for Barclays existing any longer?

This article is very old but it came up when I searched for Barclays so I hope it is OK to reopen it.

Well, have a look here Banking | International Banking | Barclays

Barclays International Banking

If you have the opportunity to get a reference letter from your bank then you can easily open an account in their International branch. You can possibly also ask your local bank if they can help you get a bank account with Barclays in that country.

You should expect that they require a lot of documentation for you and your business, it is not just a single page of information about you and your business but, budgets, turnover figures and profit.

The question is what do you want in that bank and why do you think it can be useful to you?

I would think that some of the banks you find e.g. in the UAE or an EMI will probably be far better for your business and yourself in the long run.

The exception to this can of course be that you have many millions of $ or € that you can document and that you want to spend on investments abroad, then of course it is a completely different situation.

You should probably also just investigate whether they impose a negative interest rate on your deposit as they do everywhere else eventually and whether they have the opportunity to help you get rid of this interest rate in the long run.

It is one of the world's largest banks, they have some of the richest and largest companies in their fold so consider it carefully if it is a bank for you.