Our valued sponsor

Belarus, Armenia or Kazakhstan bank account

I got rejected at Ameria Bank by opening a personal account remotely. I wanted to use the account for saving up money, but after two days I got emailed due to provisions of internal KYC processes they cannot open one for me.

What about hiring an Armenian lawyer and letting him do the job by giving him power of attorney. Is this a safe option to take?
At BoG, this is an option which is explained even on their own website, in English... I am not sure if this would work in Armenia. I was in both countries in person and my impression is that in-person opening is really as smooth as it could possibly get

I got rejected at Ameria Bank by opening a personal account remotely. I wanted to use the account for saving up money, but after two days I got emailed due to provisions of internal KYC processes they cannot open one for me.

What about hiring an Armenian lawyer and letting him do the job by giving him power of attorney. Is this a safe option to take?
Could you please let us know about your background (nationality, activity, expected turnover, etc) to help us understand a bit more on why you were rejected?

There are €20 flights from Dusseldorf to Georgia in December. Take one, then take a €5 ride down to Armenia and open the account in person.
That's really cheap and affordable for anyone interest in the account opening there. How safe is it in Georgia and Armenia?

This is how I opened my own accounts. Pre-approval and meetings are neither requested nor required. At least not for personal accounts.
The agent's I spoke with told me that there have been reason changes to the account opening in Georgia, the question is how long has it been since you opened the account there?

The agent's I spoke with told me that there have been reason changes to the account opening in Georgia, the question is how long has it been since you opened the account there?
February or so. It was snowing. There was a line of ten people, mostly locals with one Turk and one American who were all there without "approval" or "meetings" -- just opening accounts. I cannot imagine that this has suddenly vanished. I will fly to Georgia again in December and let you know :)

Reactions: Joe Blasco
Oh and two funny anecdotes...

For proof of address. I just pointed to my AirBnB through the bank window...

And on the bank opening forms. It seems there is a Georgian equivalent to my name because my name is actually written, correctly, in Georgian script rather than Latin letters. My lucky coins tell me this is probably a plus in terms of privacy :)

Last edit (admin please merge these three posts): make sure to manually request and pay for a Visa card because only those can be attached to PayPal. Their Mastercards cannot. And, I have tested and can verify that BoG visas work on Georgia-domiciled PayPal accounts using mismatched name. Don't worry if you gave them a false address. The Visa will not be sent to it. Instead, you pick it up in person from the same branch three or four days later.

It sounds to be a very good solution for all the people around that are unable to open a bank account aywhere else. But it makes me a little bit nervous if things are going that easy for that many people. Time will show if this will turn to a drama in the near future or if it keeps to be a valid and stable banking solution.

Hi, I guess I was the agent mentioning banks for Geotgian conpanies.

I can confirm that banks in Belarus, one Bank in Armenia, several banks in Kazakhstan do open bank accounts for Georgian companies. But in most of them you need to have local introducer. We tried to open ourselve, but was rejected in Armenia. But with the agent we were able to open even merchant account there.

Reactions: Btraveler
I agree it would be nice to know what banks you have in mind so we may try it.

I know for example Ameria Bank does make background checks as other banks from Armenia. Do you think the banks also call your work place you stated to check if you are really working there?
If that is the case you will see one by one account closure soon, I already hear people pull the scam trigger! For sure they will not call your employer but till options they will do some background checks exists.

Latest Threads