Our valued sponsor

BELIZE VS CYPRUS ? Where to go ??

planet

Offshore Agent
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay first I spoke with the people over at CCLOGIC and they were super helpful and honest really like their business approach.

Now I am starting an adult website and I have done a bit of research on where would be the best place to open a bank account and a company for an "ADULT" oriented business...

It really comes down to Cyprus and Belize... i have noticed that both countries accept willingly this sort of business but does someone with experience here could give me their opinion on which one to choose from Belize or Cyprus ?

I'd like to have the bank account in the same country than the company to make things easier...

Thanks !!

Cyprus company and Cyprus bank account, once established go with CCBILL EU and apply for their processing, they also offer a very complex affiliate system with payouts to your affiliates without you to do anything.

The reason for why I say Cyprus is that you will have the whole EU to search for alternatives to CCBILL if that for any reason not should be sufficient or enough! Some webmasters have more than 1 payment processor to process credit cards.

You will be very limited with a Belize company, I learned yesterday from another thread that it seems there is a bank in Belize offering credit card processing but so far it is unclear if they will accept Adult as well, even if they do you will only have the few banks in Belize for your credit card processing needs available.

See this thread: invalid1c/forum/f16/need-offshore-bank-account-belize-anyone-has-list-banks-there-8668/index2.html

I´m sure Cyprus is as good as Belize; but Belize has no public IBC-register, so nobody can find out anything about your company.

Is it correct, that Cyprus has a public company´s register like the Company´s House in the UK ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it correct, that Cyprus has a public company´s register like the Company´s House in the UK ?
Yes that is correct and the reason for why it is possible to appoint nominee's to hide the beneficial owners identity.

This is the link: Department of Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver - Search Through the Registered Organisations

I´m sure Cyprus is as good as Belize; but Belize has no public IBC-register, so nobody can find out anything about your company.
But Belize has signed TIEA's with several European countries and the US as well, how do you want to maintain your anonymity if the company bank in Belize as well?

Well, it´s not about the company itself. If you open a corporate account in Belize with a Seychelles-IBC, a BVI-company or any other entity, the bank still would have the datas of the company´s beneficial owner.

The bank secret is quite strong in Belize, even regarding to the TIEA´s, Belize signed.

The list below contains the Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEAs) signed by Belize.

* France - Belize (22 November 2010)

* Ireland - Belize (18 November 2010)

* Portugal - Belize (22 October 2010)

* Finland - Belize (15 September 2010)

* Norway - Belize (15 September 2010)

* Iceland - Belize (15 September 2010)

* Denmark - Belize (15 September 2010)

* Greenland - Belize (15 September 2010)

* Faroes Islands - Belize (15 September 2010)

* Sweden - Belize (15 September 2010)

* Australia - Belize (31 March 2010)

* United Kingdom - Belize (25 March 2010)

* Belgium - Belize (29 December 2009)

There is no TIEA signed yet with the USA.