Our valued sponsor

Best 1st world countries with low to zero income tax?

KL sucks a lot, I don't really understand people moving there. It's a humid zoo with shopping malls and endless traffic.

There is a high chance that your friends will visit you in Bangkok, and the chance is close to zero that they will be in KL.
More chance friends will visit in "shithole" San Marino than in KL or Bankok

• Love
Reactions: jafo
Logic: I don't understand something --> it must suck.
rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/%

You hit the nail right on the head! I agree with you 100%! A lot of younger people are quite shortsighted as they (delusionally?) "predict" things will stay the same in the future.

From the 1980s to the 2010s, I traveled and stayed in so many countries due to work. For most of them (+99%), I had no interactions with ANYONE in government. For 100% of them, I NEVER registered as a "resident" despite being able to open accounts to my heart's content.
Note: Accounts were ALWAYS opened at my clients' or suppliers' banks. Thus, I didn't just walk into a bank and open an account. I wouldn't expose myself like that. My clients and suppliers have known businesses in their regions.

What am I getting at? In every single one of those places, without exception, including those "some" of us disparage openly as "shitholes or banana republics," my clients and suppliers lived multiple orders of magnitude better and more opulent than any North American (in this context, I mean the USA or Canada) or European person I knew who did NOT possess BIG BUSINESSES. To top it all off, every one of these clients and suppliers had a "special tax ruling" applicable only to them.;)

As a consequence, I rarely discount places based on other people's experiences. Their experiences may be essential, and I do take them into consideration for my future pattern recognition as an early warning of impending danger, but I may have different values that rank higher in terms of preferability. Hence, I'm not eager to discount other people's choices. I am NOT that arrogant and ignorant to believe that I would know what is best for a complete stranger I don't know anything about. :oops: To be fair, I don't even know what is best for me, except in hindsight. smi(&% If I were really THAT smart, then maybe I should NOT have had that second bottle of wine yesterday at dinner and the repeated serving of that chocolate cake. doh948""rof/%smi(&%

In my 20s and 30s, Latin America was the place to be (for me): Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Panama, Paraguay, and Venezuela. Armed with too-easily-accessible alprostadil and PEDs, and then using dial-up for remote access, I was in HEAVEN! rof/%

Now, the city/country that is ideal for me in 2024 is NOT suitable for +99.99% of people. Yet, to me, it's HEAVEN! I love it so much, and for the first ten (10) years, they will NOT charge me ANY worldwide taxes—only what the locals pay me (25% tax on profits), which is peanuts when compared to worldwide revenues.

Cheers!

Reactions: scooterguy
rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/%

You hit the nail right on the head! I agree with you 100%! A lot of younger people are quite shortsighted as they (delusionally?) "predict" things will stay the same in the future.

From the 1980s to the 2010s, I traveled and stayed in so many countries due to work. For most of them (+99%), I had no interactions with ANYONE in government. For 100% of them, I NEVER registered as a "resident" despite being able to open accounts to my heart's content.
Note: Accounts were ALWAYS opened at my clients' or suppliers' banks. Thus, I didn't just walk into a bank and open an account. I wouldn't expose myself like that. My clients and suppliers have known businesses in their regions.

What am I getting at? In every single one of those places, without exception, including those "some" of us disparage openly as "shitholes or banana republics," my clients and suppliers lived multiple orders of magnitude better and more opulent than any North American (in this context, I mean the USA or Canada) or European person I knew who did NOT possess BIG BUSINESSES. To top it all off, every one of these clients and suppliers had a "special tax ruling" applicable only to them.;)

As a consequence, I rarely discount places based on other people's experiences. Their experiences may be essential, and I do take them into consideration for my future pattern recognition as an early warning of impending danger, but I may have different values that rank higher in terms of preferability. Hence, I'm not eager to discount other people's choices. I am NOT that arrogant and ignorant to believe that I would know what is best for a complete stranger I don't know anything about. :oops: To be fair, I don't even know what is best for me, except in hindsight. smi(&% If I were really THAT smart, then maybe I should NOT have had that second bottle of wine yesterday at dinner and the repeated serving of that chocolate cake. doh948""rof/%smi(&%

In my 20s and 30s, Latin America was the place to be (for me): Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Panama, Paraguay, and Venezuela. Armed with too-easily-accessible alprostadil and PEDs, and then using dial-up for remote access, I was in HEAVEN! rof/%

Now, the city/country that is ideal for me in 2024 is NOT suitable for +99.99% of people. Yet, to me, it's HEAVEN! I love it so much, and for the first ten (10) years, they will NOT charge me ANY worldwide taxes—only what the locals pay me (25% tax on profits), which is peanuts when compared to worldwide revenues.

Cheers!

I can proudly say that I am from a 3rd world country so I guess I'm used to the charm of it all. smi(&%

But at the end of the day the 3rd world allows exactly what you say. A life of luxury at a minimal cost. The only problem is usually safety, but that's not much of an issue in many countries of Eastern Europe and most of Asia.

Venezuela is problably not a smart choice anymore, but from what I've read it was amazing in the 80s and early 90s.

Reactions: jafo
Yeah, but what's the point of living in the climate hell if you have a better choice?
Check the picture below. What a wonderful place to live.

That's also one of the reasons real estate prices are so low there, it's hell, and there is an oversupply of real estate, too.

2 million population, traffic is heavier than in BKK, always rains 33+ plus, humidity like in a sauna
Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 15.19.13.png

Last edited:
@jafo

what country is this?